All-Star Worlds 2016 Day 2 Updates (sunday)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I haven't really spoken about this topic because I'm definitely conflicted. I understand that all teams competed under the same conditions, but there were rules broken by USASF that were created by USASF, which is completely ridiculous. This event is the main event these teams prepare for all year and it breaks my heart that this was how some of the kids' last Worlds ended. You would think that an event so prestigious and the fact that these kids train for months for this one competition (not saying this is the only one, but this is the main goal throughout the season), that there would be more effort on USASF's part to make sure it runs more smoothly than this. It should have been noticed before any team went that the floor was wet (unsafe) and the fact that it was after 11pm, and even though people may not like it, I believe the division should have been postponed or redone. I'm definitely not trying to take away the win for F5 because they did perform the best out of the teams, but I don't think it was fair for any of the teams to have to compete in these conditions. They work way too hard for it to all be thrown away like this for reasons that should have/could have been avoided. Such a shame.

SE was announced 10th and the stadium exploded. Worth watching the video back.
is there video of this, cant find one.

* ehhh. found a pic on twitter of the supposed coaches questioning rankings. from the looks of it it looks like people from CEA, WC and CA.

Last edited:
Just caught up with the thread since I decided to go to sleep through all of this (was working late all weekend and being in the uk and all I've missed most of worlds) and I'm stunned. This has got to be the worst worlds on record for things going wrong. USASF should ashamed. But on the flip side congratulations are needed for Cheetahs and F5. I guess my prayers have been answered in some retrospect.

whoever was doing the filter to the google doc to put scores in order during small coed/senior, can you do it now and flip it back really quick like you did all day?

I think this was me! I'm so sorry but I had to go to bed [emoji30] I hate time differences

Everyone attention please , I am so done seeing all this petty bs talking about who should and should not have won get your judges certification and then please come talk . Also , isn't the not knowing what could happen one of the things that make our sport interesting ? Stop being rude with these comments because your team didn't hit or win . Obviously judges seen things we didn't . I knew I would come back to a mess on the boards but didn't know I was going to come back to such childishness . Anyways congrats to all the teams that made it and and an extra congrats to those who succeeded in their goal of becoming world champs !

is there video of this, cant find one.

* ehhh. found a pic on twitter of the supposed coaches questioning rankings. from the looks of it it looks like people from CEA, WC and CA.

After the rumor prob hit them of their rankings, umm...yeah... especially CSP.....

tumblr_mr9vmeWvHX1qzdfclo1_500.gif

I'm lucky to start work pretty late today, so I actually managed to get some sleep, and there weren't even too many pages to catch up on here!
I'm sad that I'll miss Medium and Small Senior though, possibly more...

I thought I was working today but my little buddy is still in pain. (I've been up every few hours with him as well...after going to bed past my bedtime. Rough.)

So we are having a mom and kiddo day.

...and I'll be catching some routines.

The epitome of USASF is them breaking their own rules that they made about themselves. It's one thing when they let teams break rules or help them get around them.. this time it was them. Some "governing body."

Also, hi! I went to bed instead of watching LC and LS and I am happy with this decision.

I wanna know what LS coaches voted no. I get the feeling F5 didn't but anyone else? Also, a legitimate governing body would've stepped in and said "you know what, we created an unsafe and deplorable situation for these high level athletes. We need to address it" instead of leaving the decision up to the coaches. You're the governing body. Do your dang job and govern.

I don't care who won or lost last night, I just want to know who is going to make USASF change this non sense. There is no reason to have the SNAFU three years in a row.

I thought I'd be less mad after a few hours of sleep but nope.

Last edited:
I wanna know what LS coaches voted no. I get the feeling F5 didn't but anyone else? Also, a legitimate governing body would've stepped in and said "you know what, we created and unsafe and deplorable situation for these high level athletes. We need to address it" instead of leaving the decision up to the coaches. You're the governing body. Do your dang job and govern.

I don't care who won or lost last night, I just want to know who is going to make USASF change this non sense. There is no reason to have the SNAFU three years in a row.

I thought I'd be less mad after a few hours of sleep but nope.

I mean, if your team took 1st as the underdog, would you vote for a do-over? Probably not.

Back