All-Star Worlds 2016 Day 2 Updates (sunday)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I wanna know what LS coaches voted no. I get the feeling F5 didn't but anyone else? Also, a legitimate governing body would've stepped in and said "you know what, we created and unsafe and deplorable situation for these high level athletes. We need to address it" instead of leaving the decision up to the coaches. You're the governing body. Do your dang job and govern.

I don't care who won or lost last night, I just want to know who is going to make USASF change this non sense. There is no reason to have the SNAFU three years in a row.

I thought I'd be less mad after a few hours of sleep but nope.
Maybe all it took was one coach to not agree? I feel like it would only be fair if ALL head coaches unanimously agreed to re-do the entire division. It's not fair for one team's coach to be coaxed into doing it just because the other 9 want a re-do, that would almost be like bullying.

Varsity/USASF doesn't give a rat's butt about safety. The athletes are just cute little cash cows. If someone gets critically hurt, they will tweet prayers for them and then replace them with the next cute little cash cow waiting in the wings. I agree. It should have never been up for a vote and everything should have been stopped the moment they realized that the floor was wet. You don't get a vote for redo if you get an injury that renders you a quadriplegic. Just saying. Actions speak louder than words. USASF/Varsity doesn't give a crap about safety. They want your $$$$$$$. And as long as gyms, coaches, athletes, and parents put up with this, nothing will change. This isn't a sport. It is an industry. And they don't care if your kid gets a life treating or altering injury in the process. Who cares if your kid becomes wheelchair bound, tube fed, ventilator dependent, and pooping into a bag for the rest of their lives, their team globed at worlds!

Can you really blame some coaches for not agreeing to redo tomorrow? Hey if I hit and was likely to win, I wouldn't agree to a redo. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No one hit, not even F5. My guess is it wasn't unaninmous because athletes/coaches are leaving this morning/afternoon and had no time to fit it in.

Why couldn't they just have counted last night performance as a day 1 and had them compete in the field house after all the IO 5 and 6 teams? Oh. Because that would be reasonable and it's USASF were talking about here...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No one hit, not even F5. My guess is it wasn't unaninmous because athletes/coaches are leaving this morning/afternoon and had no time to fit it in.

In my perfect world, in the event of a redo, USASF would've been saddled with paying for everyone's flights back who missed theirs because of the mess they caused. They had multiple opprotunities to fix this situation and had plenty of back up options if they really cared. (ETA: Not directed at you, but just to repeat myself again for everyone, it shouldn't be up to the coaches to care about and enforce action against dangerous situations. Thats why we have a governing body.) And lord knows they have enough money to do so.

That's what I was thinking too. How can you possibly plan a redo when you have kids who potentially are leaving first thing in the morning? Logistically it doesn't work.

Why? (Just curious)

I wouldn't of let my kids take the floor if it was as bad as is being reported now, nor would I of let them compete after 11. My athletes well being is more important than that. I would of rather had the cheer world condemning me for pulling them or holding up the competition than letting one of them knowingly compete in an unsafe situation and potentially have a life altering injury. Not worth any globe, publicity, anything.

If by chance we got the opportunity compete when the floor and time were favorable and it changed mid division I would want to redo because I would not want it said my athletes placement was tainted by a preventable issue. I would also want the it to be fair to all across the board, especially at the last competition of the year with the world watching. When you are used to being a small gym or underdog that is only told you won because you were lucky or another team fell, you are sensitive to the ways these criticisms can hurt your athletes. People are cruel and I would want to protect them from that if I could.

Back