All-Star Worlds Espn

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

True, I guess it just bugs me because I tend to enjoy the Coed divisions more than all girl.

I also think that Documentary from the 90s had a small part dealing with the coed team at Gym Tyme. *could have been a different youtube video I was watching though.
And a small portion of the broadcast of worlds had Coed teams (ACE, GT, Bangkok)

I normally would have left this alone...but I really hate when people point out other people's grammar/spelling mistakes and then spell something wrong in the post. So...its "singling you out" not "signaling." If you're going to go on a grammar crusade, please check yours before you post.
nope...technically both can be considered correct

nope...technically both can be considered correct

:D Um...nope, definitely not. But I suppose if it's a figure of speech you can really just make up anything and say it's "correct". Technically, some people think "fetch" is an adjective. :rolleyes:

Soooooo....anyway...I finally got to watch the ESPN thing this morning. NOT a fan of the commentators, and of course I wish it was longer. But I think until cheerleading is recognized as a "real" sport, we should be glad to even get an hour. :confused:

:D Um...nope, definitely not. But I suppose if it's a figure of speech you can really just make up anything and say it's "correct". Technically, some people think "fetch" is an adjective. :rolleyes:

Soooooo....anyway...I finally got to watch the ESPN thing this morning. NOT a fan of the commentators, and of course I wish it was longer. But I think until cheerleading is recognized as a "real" sport, we should be glad to even get an hour. :confused:

Agree to disagree? :cool:

Last year they aired 3 or 4 different cheerleading comps back to back that I was able to TIVO...I mentioned this in another thread..I didn't want to turn my box in for a new HD one bc I knew I would lose those recordings but finally I did.. :(

Don't the UCA HS & College Championships both get more than one one-hour broadcast every year? I wouldn't mind Worlds getting two one-hour broadcasts: one focusing on all-girl teams and the other on coed teams, or one on the senior 5 teams and the other on the international open teams.

I agree that we really need a change in commentators. As much as I'm a sucker for tradition and I remember watching cheer broadcasts with Amy/Bill/Jeff dating way back to 2001, I think it's time to move on. (You too, Amanda. Surely gymnastics broadcasts would welcome her as a commentator?) I've already joined the Facebook group supporting Justin Carrier. :)

I also feel that the broadcasts need to focus on every division EQUALLY. The top three teams from each division should have their full performances shown. If there's enough time in the broadcast left over, then perhaps they can show highlights of other teams in the divisions. If they're lacking time, they can always skip the awards footage as well. Also, I'd like to see maybe an interview or two, or at least the cover of a good story from that year's competition. (Example: For the AG division broadcast, they could've covered the inspiring story of the struggles Marlins faced both competition days and how they fought to overcome them. For the Coed division broadcast, the wonderful tale of sportsmanship between GymTyme and Bangkok.)

Don't the UCA HS & College Championships both get more than one one-hour broadcast every year? I wouldn't mind Worlds getting two one-hour broadcasts: one focusing on all-girl teams and the other on coed teams, or one on the senior 5 teams and the other on the international open teams.

I agree that we really need a change in commentators. As much as I'm a sucker for tradition and I remember watching cheer broadcasts with Amy/Bill/Jeff dating way back to 2001, I think it's time to move on. (You too, Amanda. Surely gymnastics broadcasts would welcome her as a commentator?) I've already joined the Facebook group supporting Justin Carrier. :)

I also feel that the broadcasts need to focus on every division EQUALLY. The top three teams from each division should have their full performances shown. If there's enough time in the broadcast left over, then perhaps they can show highlights of other teams in the divisions. If they're lacking time, they can always skip the awards footage as well. Also, I'd like to see maybe an interview or two, or at least the cover of a good story from that year's competition. (Example: For the AG division broadcast, they could've covered the inspiring story of the struggles Marlins faced both competition days and how they fought to overcome them. For the Coed division broadcast, the wonderful tale of sportsmanship between GymTyme and Bangkok.)

Yeah, they get 3-4 hours, I do believe.. I will look thru my dvr, as I recorded all of them!:banghead: I do enjoy all of the competitions that are on there, and it does bring a valid point, UCA has many shows for school teams, but only one for allstars, and then USASF has 1 hour for Worlds! The title alone should merit at least 2 hours...IMO of course!:fro:

Back