All-Star Worlds Expenses

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

is $1000 per girl too much? not including hotel or flight

• Total voters
Nov 2, 2010
This is my family's first time going to worlds, and my team received an at large bid. my coach is asking us to pay 1000 dollars per girl not including airfare or hotel expenses. i know a lot of people have been to worlds multiple times and are seasoned veterans, does this seem off to anyone else? just looking for some outside opinions thanks :)

It should be about $1000 give or take for hotel and airfare. I'm not sure why they are telling you you need an additional $1000? Food doesn't cost that much!

I would think the $1000 would cover the hotel/airfare - maybe even the comp fee for worlds. I would ask for a breakdown to see what the money is covering. Are the coaches fees for travel/hotel covered in that money also?

I would think the $1000 would cover the hotel/airfare - maybe even the comp fee for worlds. I would ask for a breakdown to see what the money is covering. Are the coaches fees for travel/hotel covered in that money also?
Even for coaches fees, split among 20 or 36 kids, that is a lot of money.

But figure anywhere from 500-650 for the hotel, depending how long you are staying. Airfare varies by region, from 200-400.

Even for coaches fees, split among 20 or 36 kids, that is a lot of money.

But figure anywhere from 500-650 for the hotel, depending how long you are staying. Airfare varies by region, from 200-400.

Yes, that is pretty high - so I think the coaches fees would even be included in that amount, as well as the comp fee for worlds. I can't imagine it being more than $1000 for everything. I do think you should ask for a breakdown of the costs, to see what that money is paying for.

The competition fee is built into the fee for the hotel if you are booking the room through USASF.

we're paying about that much for everything. Coaches fees, reg fees, airfare and hotel, so I would say get a breakdown.

This is my family's first time going to worlds, and my team received an at large bid. my coach is asking us to pay 1000 dollars per girl not including airfare or hotel expenses. i know a lot of people have been to worlds multiple times and are seasoned veterans, does this seem off to anyone else? just looking for some outside opinions thanks :)

Are you sure you didn't hear incorrectly? Maybe they said "including" instead of "not including"? If what you have said is accurate, then you need to get a specific breakdown on how the money is to be used.

pro
Are you sure you didn't hear incorrectly? Maybe they said "including" instead of "not including"? If what you have said is accurate, then you need to get a specific breakdown on how the money is to be used.
probably, thanks for all the input guys i will ask for a breakdown just to be sure

Just for reference, a quad room for 3 nights (Fri-Mon) at the All Star is $455/athlete. That should be their competition fee & hotel.

Back