All-Star Yo, Gymtyme Is Not Playing This Year.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Wow, thanks for enlightening me.

Talking about It here is better than not addressing it at all. You would think some people want our sport to stay shady. Remove Gt from the picture and stop taking this topic so personally and maybe you'll see where others are coming from. To me if a team competes something illegal and gets points for it, any team they beat kinda got cheated. You can't honestly say that doesn't bother you. Being cheated out of a win or bid can't just be a part of cheerleading, we can't continue to ignore it or it will continue to happen. Our sport is always fighting for credibility, but issues like this send us in the opposite direction.

Gt is a huge name and they're constantly being talked about. You can't expect them to perform something Illegal and people not say anything about It. Constantly being put under a microscope is part of being a power house gym, it just comes with the territory.

Please remember that according to NCA, WSF, and Les Stella = this stunt is LEGAL

These people that are simply highly biased "cheer fans" think they are smarter than judges and coaches! I see the doubt in their views, but
no one else seems to.
The tag line for the fierceboard is "you're nothing until you're talked about". So, take solace in the fact that GT is still somewhat relevant.

Please remember that according to NCA, WSF, and Les Stella = this stunt is LEGAL

These people that are simply highly biased "cheer fans" think they are smarter than judges and coaches! I see the doubt in their views, but
no one else seems to.

2 things..... I dont need to say i am smarter than the judges and the coaches... i can read... anyone that can read the rules would interpret this the way that most of us on here have. If i show the rules and definitions to my mom, and then show her a video (She has absolutely no idea what anything in cheerleading is) she would be able to come to the same conclusion.

Next.... Just because NCA and WSF didn't call this as a Legality, doesn't mean they are saying that they stunt is LEGAL. It means the judges didn't say anything. There is difference between missing something and not knowing all of the rules (which happens quite frequently) and saying that it is legal.

I have eyes and the ability to read rules. Looks illegal to me, call it what you will but that's my opinion.

Nca didn't question it
Wsf didn't question it
Les said it was illegal
Les said it was legal

In SC high school cheerleading, the 1 (sometimes 2) legality judge(s) stand beside the mat and are free to walk around to check grips, pyramid heights, illegal braces/jewelry, make sure people to go out of bounds, etc. I'm sure other states are like this too. Maybe this would help cut down on those uncaught violations.
I really like that idea, it drives me crazy when teams have illegalities and get away with it, the worst is a girl wearing jewelry because thats just dumb to get points off for. Did the judges that were free to walk around ever get in the way of a stunt or tumbling etc?

I really like that idea, it drives me crazy when teams have illegalities and get away with it, the worst is a girl wearing jewelry because thats just dumb to get points off for. Did the judges that were free to walk around ever get in the way of a stunt or tumbling etc?
I should have clarified. They never walk on the mat, just around the outside to get a closer view than the judges sitting at the table. If they had a question about a brace or something (it is illegal in SC to have a brace with metal in it) she can pull the girl aside and check it out after the routine.

Now if it had 3 catchers and hold onto the foot it would be legal right? Like what Top Gun did in their pyramid last year? Was she not "released" into a prone position before being flipped up and it was legal?

Ok so say it is legal with 3 catchers and the foot being held. Does that really make a fall onto your stomach any safer? If you are going onto your stomach with 3 catchers you could hurt yourself just as much as with two depending on how hard you hit.

I am just thinking that if it is about safety then the rule should be no matter how many people catch the flyer it should not be onto the stomach. Even if the foot is held onto during the stunt falling onto the stomach could be dangerous no matter what.

Heck maybe I am looking into it too much. Sorry for the little ramble.

Now if it had 3 catchers and hold onto the foot it would be legal right? Like what Top Gun did in their pyramid last year? Was she not "released" into a prone position before being flipped up and it was legal?

Ok so say it is legal with 3 catchers and the foot being held. Does that really make a fall onto your stomach any safer? If you are going onto your stomach with 3 catchers you could hurt yourself just as much as with two depending on how hard you hit.

I am just thinking that if it is about safety then the rule should be no matter how many people catch the flyer it should not be onto the stomach. Even if the foot is held onto during the stunt falling onto the stomach could be dangerous no matter what.

Heck maybe I am looking into it too much. Sorry for the little ramble.

I believe it's legal with someone holding the foot, because that does a few things:
1. limits the height
2. limits the speed
3. adds some control
That's just my opinion, of course.

I believe it's legal with someone holding the foot, because that does a few things:
1. limits the height
2. limits the speed
3. adds some control
That's just my opinion, of course.
This was similar to my interpretation..the higher that throw the harder the fall. More control makes it easier to absorb the landing in a way that isn't as risky. They throw her too high..that is NOT a return to earth I want to feel.

Is this Cheersport taking a proactive solution to all of this?

http://isitlegal.cheersport.net/

Just to reiterate what i said before about it not being a final ruling. this is from that page...
"The intent of the clip reviews is to help minimize the chance your team(s) will be penalized at your next USASF event. This service is NOT intended to help you argue against penalties from previous events or to point out penalties that your competitors may not have been assessed."
This just goes to my point, that just because this video says what you did is Legal or Illegal, doesn't mean it will have the same ruling at a competition.

Just to reiterate what i said before about it not being a final ruling. this is from that page...
"The intent of the clip reviews is to help minimize the chance your team(s) will be penalized at your next USASF event. This service is NOT intended to help you argue against penalties from previous events or to point out penalties that your competitors may not have been assessed."
This just goes to my point, that just because this video says what you did is Legal or Illegal, doesn't mean it will have the same ruling at a competition.

Well judging from that statement this is a DIRECT result of our conversation on here.

Back