All-Star Yo, Gymtyme Is Not Playing This Year.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

ouch that had to hurt!

And Kingston, just watched your video as well. Great video and gotta love Coheed and Cambria!

Technically this video is legal by the same way GT's release move is legal. Just sayin'.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1809722683368&subj=1058060144

OUCH!

IMO, the way in which this was handled just looks like GT is being stubborn and Les is being a pushover....

Honestly, what's the big deal?! Regardless of the stunt in question, GT deserves a bid to worlds. PERIOD
Regardless of the LOOPHOLE, the stunt is unsafe (as many level 5 athletes would risk serious injury in attempting this or a similar skill)

Les- stand your ground! and GT- Amazing/cool/innovative release move, i love it and it looks great...but make it something else so that this thread can wither away and die

personally, i think if the flyer grabbed a bases hand and did it as a front flip release move (no idea what they're called or if i explained it well but whatever), it'd look pretty sweet, and there would be no question of legality.

personally, i think if the flyer grabbed a bases hand and did it as a front flip release move (no idea what they're called or if i explained it well but whatever), it'd look pretty sweet, and there would be no question of legality.

I want to point out whether it looks cool doesnt make it legal. I used-da-could do stuff that was VERY illegal and VERY cool.

ouch that had to hurt!

And Kingston, just watched your video as well. Great video and gotta love Coheed and Cambria!

My old glory days! haha

OUCH!

IMO, the way in which this was handled just looks like GT is being stubborn and Les is being a pushover....

Honestly, what's the big deal?! Regardless of the stunt in question, GT deserves a bid to worlds. PERIOD
Regardless of the LOOPHOLE, the stunt is unsafe (as many level 5 athletes would risk serious injury in attempting this or a similar skill)

Les- stand your ground! and GT- Amazing/cool/innovative release move, i love it and it looks great...but make it something else so that this thread can wither away and die

The negative: A grey area that has caused controversy.

The positive: I think out of this our industry will grow stronger and HAVE to have some set policies in place. At the end of the day if what all we do has better policies in place then this was a positive journey.

I want to point out whether it looks cool doesnt make it legal. I used-da-could do stuff that was VERY illegal and VERY cool.

i'm not saying that it looking cool would make it legal. i'm just saying that IMO, that would look better in a stunt, and there would be no question of legality.

I don't see how any legality judge or event producer can catch all legality issues.

Well what are they getting payed for?
I think our sport as a whole needs to starts looking at issues like this more seriously. If you're a safety judge you should know the rules and be able to catch issues while watching. It's not like football or basketball where there is officials on the floor running around with us during our routine, these judges are nice and stationary. In my opinion if someone competes an illegal skill it should be seen and caught everytime. 7 of these stunts were done, how do you miss that!? Maybe we need our legality judges to sit right next to the floor or something. I also feel like there's plenty of people out there capable of reading and understanding the rules for all levels, so why at the end of the day is there only one person who determines what is and isn't legal. I'll take multiple opinions over one any day, especially after an incident like this. If we had only one judge in our countries legal system that ultimately decided every verdict, I would hope when he said your guilty he knew for sure.

I like Gt, I'm not at all trying to take anything away from them, I just feel like this situation with this particular stunt is way bigger than any one gym, it effects our entire sport as a whole.

I really think that legality judges should be in a separate room with the routines on video. That way, they can pause and re-watch as needed to determine legal/illegal status.

I really think that legality judges should be in a separate room with the routines on video. That way, they can pause and re-watch as needed to determine legal/illegal status.

I agree with this completely. If it's illegal it should be caught, somehow some way.

I can only guess that the legality judges were so into watching Gt perform (which they do so well), they probably just completely over looked this part of the sequence. Maybe having them detached from the distractions of a live performance would cut down on the human errors.

I would love for ALL judges to be in a room where they don't have to deal with all the arena noise. Not only would it cut down on judge fatigue (the constant noise really takes a toll on you), but it would allow the judges to be removed from the crowd....if a team has a really big cheering section that might sway a newer judge.

I still like the idea that our sport is a performance sport and I think it should be judged as so. No matter how high definition a video can get, it's just not the same as seeing it live. It's the way routines were meant to be judged, as far as skills and choreography go anyways.

People are acting like this is the first time something like this has ever happened.
There have been TONS of times where the judges were wrong, and other teams have gotten away with something.

Why this is being dragged further than it should, I do not know. -_-

People are acting like this is the first time something like this has ever happened.
There have been TONS of times where the judges were wrong, and other teams have gotten away with something.

Why this is being dragged further than it should, I do not know. -_-
Because in most cases (like the legality with I think Taryn from F5 leap-frogging last year) it's not such a direct risk of injury and such a 'blatant' twisting of words to stretch and cover something that is REALLY dangerous. Stomach injuries are SERIOUS and ridiculously damaging (A whole bunch of vital organs with ZERO protection waiting for a very stiff object to puncture and smoosh them), and that rule is in there as protection, not as a fun-sucker.

King, I watched that video you posted and screamed "INSTA-DEATH" so loud I nearly gave my mother a heart attack. Ouch.

Back