All-Star Youtube Of A&t Meet For All Stars Thinking About Scholarships

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

There are many differences and I'm not sure of them all but I can list a few.

NCATA athletes ONLY compete and are listed under athletics.
NCATA scoring is much more detailed with start values, code of points etc.

The format of both is similar but the route of the NCATA is way better for NCAA emerging sport recognition/status.

There are many more differences that someone with more information than I should give details on.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Oh ok, see I didn't know any of that. Thank you very much. They just looked so similar that I didn't know. I would actually love to see this become more popular becasue I really do love the idea of it!

The biggest thing that bugged me about that 2 hours of snail-paced sporting was that the announcer said Mckayla Maroney got a perfect score in London on vault...

They have to start running off the mat because if you see where they land at the end of their pass they would be off the mat if they didn't. Not sure why this would bother anyone. This is definitely an evolving sport and I'm sure between now and when my daughter graduates it will change some more.
As far as I know, I'm the only one who mentioned this, but I wouldn't say I'm "bothered" by it. And for the record, I do hope it succeeds and becomes a viable sport for all star athletes to transition to. I will say I don't think they HAVE to start off the mat. And if they can't or don't want to confine it to the existing mat, add another panel or two.

As you point out, it will evolve. And I think it's a good (simple) suggestion to not appear as though you're just trying to fit a sport into an existing setup. All sports generally have a pre-defined area of competition. I feel the more you can fit into the existing sports model, the more you increase the chance of legitimizing it to those that are new to it.

I would also like to add that I think A&T is a smooth transition for multiple athletes. Cheerleaders (both high school and all-star), gymnasts, acro, divers etc. I think keeping it open to many "groups" is great as well.

As far as I know, I'm the only one who mentioned this, but I wouldn't say I'm "bothered" by it. And for the record, I do hope it succeeds and becomes a viable sport for all star athletes to transition to. I will say I don't think they HAVE to start off the mat. And if they can't or don't want to confine it to the existing mat, add another panel or two.

As you point out, it will evolve. And I think it's a good (simple) suggestion to not appear as though you're just trying to fit a sport into an existing setup. All sports generally have a pre-defined area of competition. I feel the more you can fit into the existing sports model, the more you increase the chance of legitimizing it to those that are new to it.
I agree athletes should not start or end off the mat and penalties for doing so should be enough to discourage it from happening for safety reasons.

I agree athletes should not start or end off the mat and penalties for doing so should be enough to discourage it from happening for safety reasons.
I don't see it as a safety concern. I feel that it is practiced. No more dangerous than someone doing a roundoff onto a spring board then doing a bhs onto a vault table then spinning 2 1/2 times. I'm sure they didn't just show up and say "hey let's start off the mat". I'm sure it is practiced and steps counted. Landing off of the mat I will agree that a penalty should be given (idk the deduction set up) but I'm assuming it would.

She did. The judges screwed up and didnt give her what she deserved.

I will respectfully disagree with you. Even not in slow motion I could see .15 in deductions (don't remember her exact deductions), and I'm not an Olympic level judge.

I will respectfully disagree with you. Even not in slow motion I could see .15 in deductions (don't remember her exact deductions), and I'm not an Olympic level judge.

Now I'm just curious. What were they?

Now I'm just curious. What were they?

Feet separation between the springboard and the vault deck (the backhandspring portion before she leaves the vault to do her Amanar), which is .1 I believe, and one of her legs bending/crossing mid-air, and considering how minimal it was I'd say it was .05, though I'm not familiar with all of the exact deductions in the elite COP. Personally, I wouldn't have called it a stuck landing, as she fell forward into her "present" rather than stepping into it, but if I remember correctly from a conversation around the time, that's not a deduction.
Those are, I'm pretty sure, the 2 deductions she received, but I could be wrong about how much of a deduction the feet/leg crossing/bending was.

Here's a link to another video that explains A & T a little more from a coach of another school joining in 2014. My daughter is also on Azusa's team and she loves it! She could go back to allstars and be a super senior but she has fallen in love with this sport.

Here's a link to another video that explains A & T a little more from a coach of another school joining in 2014. My daughter is also on Azusa's team and she loves it! She could go back to allstars and be a super senior but she has fallen in love with this sport.

This is FANTASTIC!!! I think there is some King influence "back base" lol

Back