All-Star [12/28-12/29] Cheer Nationals @ Opryland, Tn

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Is it typically successful? It seems like a lot of teams would have been out of practice for a week or more. I guess if you're competing, you practice?
I don't know how big it is this year, but I know it has been a traditional competition for a lot of programs.

It used to be a really big competition. Cheer extreme and Ace used to bring their entire programs. A lot of high-caliber teams used to be in attendance like Georgia All-Stars Brandon Charlotte All-Stars Kentucky elite and some others! It was typically a fierce Board powerhouse in attendance as well! The hotel is beautiful and it used to be a really fun four-day event! I remember one year Brandon got grand champion of level five and they still did not give the full-page bed to Brandon! After that they sold. I used to be in charge of staffing the event and it was always a great little mini vacation despite a lot of Hardwork

Loved going when we were at Kentucky Elite and at ACE. When it was WCA, it was always on the same dates: December 28-30. The school teams would start on the 28th, and the Allstars would start on the 29th. There was always three floors competing in different ballrooms and it would often be a mad dash as fans rushed from one to the other.

The EP was very late to join USASF and ran the event in some shady ways their last few years and gyms started staying away.

The big advantage they had is that all kids were already out of school so they didn't have to worry about anyone missing class. And parents liked it because they could let their kids roam since it was all inside. Plus after their kids were out of school for a week along with tons of family closeness, parents enjoyed time to be with friends as well.

I first met @mstealtoyou at WCA in front of the Delta ballroom. She had her husband and whole family there just in case I was a stalker.

:)

It is always the same dates, which is great for kids out of school but it was difficult for parents to take off after most had been off the week before. Beautiful venue though.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

My cp's are with CEA and this is our first year with CEA and first time at this competition and I really liked it. I didn't see any division lacking competition, in number or in talent, and I was glad to see lots of really talented teams in all divisions and levels. One of my daughters teams had six teams in the division and that's something we don't see a lot so when they win they know they did good. Had a happy girl knowing she won at this comp.

Back