All-Star 12/8- 12-9 Weekend Wsf, Gssa, Butbt Discussion

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

After competing Saturday and Sunday, the top 6 scoring Level 5 teams compete a third time on Sunday night in what is known as "The Super 6".

I love this! Do they start with a clean slate for that third performance or is it the combination of all three?

Could anyone explain, what's the Super 6?

6 at Large and 2 paid:

The top 6 scores of the level 5 teams move onto Super Six, they all get an at large bid. They perform again to see who the judges award the 2 paid bids to.

The remaining 2 at large bids go to teams, including level 6, who were not in the Super Six.

So 6 of 9 level 5 teams were guaranteed an at large and GSSA always gives bids to small sr (usually 3) and there was only one, so this wouldve been the place to go if you're small sr.

Top six scores from Day 1 go for the bids Day 2. Judges Choice of Super 6 got the 2 Paid Bids.

I kind of like that format....it's reminiscent of the old school days of WSF King of the Jungle in Greensboro where the top 5 or 6 scoring teams would battle it out for Grand Champion in a 2nd performance.

#GSSA Bids: AL - Cheergyms Intl, FORCE MedCo, FORCE IntlCo, Victory SmSr PAID - CALI SMOED & CALI BLACK OPS

Well this is very interesting since I was wondering whether a competition would be reluctant to award 2 paid bids to the same program! Congratulations to Cali!!

Well this is very interesting since I was wondering whether a competition would be reluctant to award 2 paid bids to the same program! Congratulations to Cali!!
A lot of us were wondering the same thing too. We were quite surprised that both Cali teams received a paid Bid. Both teams had great performances. I do have to say that Force med coed looked really good too. I though that Force might receive the 2nd paid bid.

Many of us were wondering the same thing. We thought the paid bids would go to the two Medium Co-Ed teams (Black Ops and Force).

I feel like either way it would have been a predicament--give both to the same program, or both to the same division.
True. I will say that if the final scores I wrote down are correct, the two Cali teams were definitely ahead of the other level 5s with Black Ops just a couple of points ahead of Smoed. I know that doesn't matter when it comes down to Super 6, but I imagine the judges had to consider the scores as well.

Back