All-Star [2/22-2/23] Wsa Nationals - New Orleans

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I just found out about this comp recently. Bama All Starz went, they did pretty well. Checked out the scores and score sheet and it seem to be a pretty watered down comp.

Mad that PVAMU and GSU (both HBCUs) competed and won in their perspective divisions.. by default that is.

I just found out about this comp recently. Bama All Starz went, they did pretty well. Checked out the scores and score sheet and it seem to be a pretty watered down comp.

Mad that PVAMU and GSU (both HBCUs) competed and won in their perspective divisions.. by default that is.

What's a watered down comp?

Are you upset that there was no one else in their division? Most college teams go to NCA or UCA college nationals. If you compete at any other nationals, you're likely to not compete against anyone.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Are you upset that there was no one else in their division? Most college teams go to NCA or UCA college nationals. If you compete at any other nationals, you're likely to not compete against anyone.

Yeah I don't consider it a competition if you aren't competing against anyone. That's just my opinion. I'm sure this was a good experience for both teams though. Although Grambling as been to NCA college nationals.

Yeah I don't consider it a competition if you aren't competing against anyone. That's just my opinion. I'm sure this was a good experience for both teams though. Although Grambling as been to NCA college nationals.

True. If you're going to college nationals it can be nice to get out on the mat before you get down there, even if you're not competing against anyone.

I've been on coed 6 teams that don't compete against anyone, and while it kind of stinks, it still beats the alternative of not competing.

True. If you're going to college nationals it can be nice to get out on the mat before you get down there, even if you're not competing against anyone.

I've been on coed 6 teams that don't compete against anyone, and while it kind of stinks, it still beats the alternative of not competing.

Now I can agree with You on that.... it beats NOT competing at all.

Score sheet seems simple in comparison to Cheersport or NCA nationals, to me that is.

Was the college divisions scoresheet different from the all star? I haven't seen their school scoring system so idk how it's set up.

Everything about this comp was different from what we are used to. Things they could improve on...seating in the halls. They didn't have enough chairs for ppl to sit and it was very lit up in the performance halls. Most kids don't like performing in a lit up room. The awards ceremony was a bit strange. Teams just jumped up on the stage, very informal. The stage should have been longer instead of wider so that you didn't have alot of teams too far from the announcer and in the dark. Getting the jackets was a bit of a hassel because it wasn't in a seperate room. It would have been great to receive the jackets with the medals and given to the kids on stage and those who needed another size could go back and exchange.

I will say this...the staff was great! The above are just things on my wish list. I wouldn't mind going back to this comp again next year. The warmup time was also great because they had plenty of time and then they didn't have to wait around too long after to go compete. I loved the shuttle service from the hotels too! That helped alot!!

Back