All-Star General 22-23 Season Announcements: Teams/Divisions, New Locations, Mergers, Closures etc.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

They are promoting going to Camp Geneva and training with TGLC, Lady Jags etc to encourage sign ups for their Worlds team.

All the way to the US for a camp? Such an unnecessary expense to try to make it look like they’re a part of Top Gun. How does anyone there afford the travel?

All the way to the US for a camp? Such an unnecessary expense to try to make it look like they’re a part of Top Gun. How does anyone there afford the travel?
Honestly I don't know how the parents at Zodiac have afforded any of their travel over the past few years. 2022 they flew out to Atlanta for Cheersport, then flew from there to Dallas for NCA, flying back to the UK after 2 weeks in the US. Less than 2 weeks later they flew to Orlando for UCA and were there just shy of a week. Just over a month later they flew back out for Allstar Worlds and Summit and were out for 2 weeks. Basically in three months they would have spent around 5 weeks in the US and three return transatlantic flights.

Our two week trip for Summit this year cost us around £1300pp just for flights and accommodation, not including any comp entry fees, park passes or food. It's very expensive to travel to the US for UK teams so it must have cost Shadow parents a small fortune. I get that doing the Triple Crown was probably a once in a lifetime thing for a UK team so is probably worth the cost but to me it also just shows that the parents are willing to pay the money for loads of travel.

Back