All-Star 2012-2013 Age Grid For Worlds Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don't think there needs to be deductions for tumbling skills because that can get tricky and will cause way too many issues with coaches. I would just like execution to be worth a little more than it is.

At the first nationals I did this season, i don't think I gave out an above average execution score in tumbling more than 3 times out of almost 100 teams.

one thing noticed on the USASF website it says 2012-2013 age grid and rules released but then theres only a link for the rules not the age grid. I know we are on a two year cycle but essentially they can do whatever they want. Crossing my fingers it doesnt change till 2013-2014

one thing noticed on the USASF website it says 2012-2013 age grid and rules released but then theres only a link for the rules not the age grid. I know we are on a two year cycle but essentially they can do whatever they want. Crossing my fingers it doesnt change till 2013-2014
Les has said several times that RULES are on a 2 year cycle, BUT age grids can be changed year to year.

USASF board meeting happened today and apparently there ARE some major changes coming. Unfortunately, don't know specifics or when they will be announced. Keep checking your email for an update.
I wonder if the new blog will be updated with all the changes. Since its supposed to be current news and all.

So essentially my daughter has now peaked at the ripe old age of 15. I think this will be bad for kids with the drive to get new skills - and eventually the sport!!!! Level 5 is now going to be cookie cutter and boring.

We better enjoy the last exciting worlds. You certainly will not draw in male cheerleaders where their strength is tumbling. This will not correct any of the problems mentioned in this thread with misguided training. My daughter is devastated.

Its really going to hurt the small gyms, I'm disappointed. This was going to be our gyms first year with a IOC5, a handful of senior age kids that are under 17 that have fulls and a lot kids who still wanna cheer who aged out. Now i doubt that we'll have have enough for either.

Although certainly not as big an issue as the tumbling.... anybody checked out the uniform/coverup policies. The only thing I have a TINY problem with is asking girls not to wear pajama pants/boots, etc when arriving at a competition. Idk. I get the point of want to legitimize the sport, and I think that's great. But that just seems a little too particular. My daughter has also played softball, son plays many sports. At a tournament, you don't see ALL the players in full uniform ALL day. Now, certainly completely changing clothes in public is totally inappropriate, but slipping on a pair of comfy pants after awards late at night and getting ready for the ride home, I think is okay. I get that we can have black warmup pants or something like that. I don't know. It just hits me as a little picky. And maybe is one of those things like someone said before, punishing all for the actions of a few. Last comp there was a girl walking around ALL day in sports bra and skirt..... :eek:

Although certainly not as big an issue as the tumbling.... anybody checked out the uniform/coverup policies. The only thing I have a TINY problem with is asking girls not to wear pajama pants/boots, etc when arriving at a competition. Idk. I get the point of want to legitimize the sport, and I think that's great. But that just seems a little too particular. My daughter has also played softball, son plays many sports. At a tournament, you don't see ALL the players in full uniform ALL day. Now, certainly completely changing clothes in public is totally inappropriate, but slipping on a pair of comfy pants after awards late at night and getting ready for the ride home, I think is okay. I get that we can have black warmup pants or something like that. I don't know. It just hits me as a little picky. And maybe is one of those things like someone said before, punishing all for the actions of a few. Last comp there was a girl walking around ALL day in sports bra and skirt..... :eek:
I guess you can only cheer in warm weather climates - I hope it is not snowing or raining when we compete next season. I guess the USASF is all knowing when it comes to weather!!!!

Back