All-Star 2012 Visa's

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think he means more it being about making the decision yourself, then someone making it for you. Having never been in her situation, I think I would rather choose to retire, then have someone say I'm no longer good enough.
That's exactly what I was saying. It goes in everything you do. When you get too old, do you want people telling you that you can't do what you need to do anymore, or would you rather walk away gracefully making the decision on your own.

That's exactly what I was saying. It goes in everything you do. When you get too old, do you want people telling you that you can't do what you need to do anymore, or would you rather walk away gracefully making the decision on your own.
Okay I was slightly confused... haha but I'm still sad that she retired. If you didnt have that ski accident I think she would be a full force...

Okay I was slightly confused... haha but I'm still sad that she retired. If you didnt have that ski accident I think she would be a full force...

It's always sad when someone who is extremely talented retires. I think she has said that the ski accident is what motivated her to come back (she was in semi-retirement at that point), but unfortunately the damage to her knee was more than she could recover from.

I think not only the injury factored in, but also what happened to Chellsie. She probably saw that and thought 'I don't want to deal with that pain, it's not worth the struggle'. I still would have liked her to give a last 'performance' of sorts at Visas..one last goodbye!

It's always sad when someone who is extremely talented retires. I think she has said that the ski accident is what motivated her to come back (she was in semi-retirement at that point), but unfortunately the damage to her knee was more than she could recover from.
It always makes me feel kinda like I lost one of the people that I look up to.. But she had a wonderful career.

I think not only the injury factored in, but also what happened to Chellsie. She probably saw that and thought 'I don't want to deal with that pain, it's not worth the struggle'. I still would have liked her to give a last 'performance' of sorts at Visas..one last goodbye!
There is a petition about that. Petition: USA Gymnastics, USAG Olympic Selection Committee, Steve Penny: Allow Gymnast Chellsie Memmel to compete at the National Championships. | Change.org

My 2012 WAG Olympic Team Predictions
The Team
  1. Jordyn Weiber (AA)
  2. Aly Raisman (FX, VT, BB)
  3. Gabby Douglas (UB, FX)
  4. McKayla Maroney (VT)
  5. Nastia Liukin (UB, BB)
Alternates
  1. Kyla Ross
  2. Sarah Finnegan
  3. Rebecca Bross

You'd take Rais over Gabby on Vault? The video of Gabby's vault today was amazing!!!!!!

I saw that and was FLABBERGASTED .

In podium training at the Secret Classic she sat down 4 or 5 amanar's in a row.

That is the first amanar I have EVER seen her execute well. Kudos to her for pulling it out and she has been really improving on all events. I just don't know if she can be trusted on vault yet. I think she needs more time

I saw that and was FLABBERGASTED .

In podium training at the Secret Classic she sat down 4 or 5 amanar's in a row.

That is the first amanar I have EVER seen her execute well. Kudos to her for pulling it out and she has been really improving on all events. I just don't know if she can be trusted on vault yet. I think she needs more time
Ahhh. I haven't watched that much from Secret.
And i just watched her bar set on podium training and feel like she missed every handstand.

Ahhh. I haven't watched that much from Secret.
And i just watched her bar set on podium training and feel like she missed every handstand.

A little questionable with the handstands I agree. But her tkatchev is INSANE. like... I die. Her bar set is all about the release moves and not the pirouettes.

She will have the highest bar score without a doubt in my mind.

I hope Maroney makes the team! She's humble and her vault is unlike anyone else's! I also feel Nastia would not only be important and amazing for them on Bars and Beam but she has the experience, she's been to the Olympics and she's won gold. They need her mentally and physically. I am so excited to watch this weekend! My favorite event at the Olympics is Gymnastics!

Back