All-Star 2012 Visa's

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This might be a long post, but I'm gonna look at everyone in my head right now:
I'm not gonna talk about Aly or Jordyn, because I think they're almost 100% guarantees to make the team, leaving 3 spots left.
Gabby Douglas: cracks under pressure, Martha knows that. she's inconsistent, but she puts up the bars scores that America needs while putting up decent scores everywhere else contributing to the team score.
Mckayla Maroney: I don't WANT her to make the team, but I think she will, and it will be on vault alone. I don't think they'll choose her so they have a better chance in the team competition, I think they'll choose her so they have an almost guaranteed gold in vault.
Alicia Sacramone: I truly think she's aiming to bring the fhs double and Amanar to VISAs, and you better believe I'd die if Alicia hit those. I prefer Alicia's vaulting to anyone in the world, including Mckayla, but without the Amanar, I don't think she'd be chosen for her vaulting alone. her beam and floor scores are great, they sit up with the best girls, and that's something Mckayla can't do, but Alicia will have to be right on point in the other 2 events if she doesn't bring an Amanar to VISAs.
Nastia Liukin: she's doing the 2 events America needs most, and I think she has a great shot. she looked heavy on the beam. not just her weight herself, but how she was leaping and flipping, it looked heavy and difficult, but she did a hell of a lot better than everyone else, I think it's just the leaps that need touching up.

I won't talk about people I think could be alternates. I don't think Kyla Ross, Rebecca Bross, or whatsherface even really have a shot unless someone majorly screws up.
My predictions:

1. Aly Raisman (VT, FX, BB)
2. Jordyn Weiber (All around)
3. Nastia Liukin (BB, UB)
4. Gabby Douglas (FX, UB, possibly beam. she has a good routine, but it's not solid)
5. Alicia (VT, BB) or Mckayla (VT). I really can't decide between these 2. Alicia is more useful elsewhere, but if America is also looking at individual golds, their best shot is Mckayla and MAYBE Nastia on UB.

I forgot to mention Rebecca Bross... I would LOVE
to see her make a comeback after her devastating knee injury and surgery but the chances are slim... There IS a chance.. especially on bars...

My top 5

Jordyn Weiber
Aly Raisman
McKayla Maroney
Gabby Douglas
Nastia Liukin

Very excited this thread's been started so we're not continuing to hijack the other one, thanks imrichhowboutu . Anyways, my dream team would pretty much be chyeeaaa69 's. Jordyn and Aly are in unless they royally screw up or get hurt, I think. Although, I just wish Aly would have better form on bars, that just kills me every time. I could watch Gabby's release moves on bars all day. Girl just soars. I love her floor routine too, but I feel like it's very.. American.. if that makes sense lol. Her beam seems very static and not fluid each time she does it, and I think that's part of her mental games. I love ASac and really hope she can somehow pull it off. I think having her leadership on that team is something they severely need. As for Nastia, she's not my favorite, I much would've preferred to see Shawn but that's out the window. I think Nastia's experience and style will help her and is something team is lacking also. Aly and Jordyn definitely don't have the lines or grace like she does, and I think especially at the Olympics, that is needed. Mckayla's vault is amazing, but I think that's about it for her. I don't love her anywhere else.

I think Kyla could sneak in there if others screw up, but she's still young right? I think if she doesn't make it this time she has a good shot in 4 years (if she stays with it and stays healthy yada yada). Don't care much for Bross or Bridget. I think it's time for Bridget to stick with college gymnastics. She's going to Florida I think, right? I REALLY wish Ohashi was old enough. She is amazing and I hope she can keep it up another four years.

Sidenote: I hate this 5 team member thing. That's all.

I think Kyla could sneak in there if others screw up, but she's still young right? I think if she doesn't make it this time she has a good shot in 4 years (if she stays with it and stays healthy yada yada). Don't care much for Bross or Bridget. I think it's time for Bridget to stick with college gymnastics. She's going to Florida I think, right? I REALLY wish Ohashi was old enough. She is amazing and I hope she can keep it up another four years.

how old is she? i just hope she doesn't peak in-between the next 4 years...but i doubt that will happen

If this year was 7 athletes again I think the US would be guaranteed team gold and could get at least 1 medal on every event final. We definitely have the best in the world right now on almost everything, but its a matter of getting the best within only 5 girls.

Ya, arilt95 Rich is right. She's just shy unfortunately. Born in 97 and just turned 15 in April. Kyla's 15 too, but will be turning 16 during this Olympic year, so she's eligible. Sucky situation because Ohashi could definitely hang, IMO. I say they just pull a China and alter some birth certificates ;)

The 5 I chose I think also each have good shots at medaling individually. Nastia and Gabby on bars, Nastia and Jordyn on beam, Alicia and Aly on vault, Jordyn and Aly on floor. I think, unless Alicia's not as good as I'm hoping she is (although a video of her fhs 1 1/2 from the start of May is as solid as ever), that should be the team. If not Alicia, Mckayla.
I think Aly takes herself out of contention for all around compared to Jordyn (if both are on point) because of bars.

Also, I'd rather see Bridget than Gabby, but I doubt that'll happen.

K ignore the triple post, but also ignore the fact that I mentioned floor for Alicia, guess I missed the memo that she's not competing floor (excuse me while I cry)

Im pulling for Nastia to make the team since she has been my favorite since 05. I didnt follow the other girls until the secret classic a couple of weeks ago. Oh and A-Sac love her too.

Back