All-Star 2012 Worlds

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So you think it is the best Level 5 competition? Interesting.

My point was that I do NOT agree with that. I think CheerSport is a great competition. Perhaps even the best OVERALL competition. However, CheerSport is NOT the best Level 5 competition. That title is exclusively owned by NCA. I don't even think it is close.

I would judge the best competition by what produces the most consistent results and values all parts of cheer equally. Good or bad we consistently get scores from the NCA inspired Varsity scoresheet that all mirror eachother based on performance. We have not had as consistent luck with any other that would produce the same results from a regional to a national or year to year.

I also say any competition willing to release the average score for each category that each team got in a division to the entire division and get the least complaints theyve ever gotten is a sign of a solid and well built scoresheet.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk

My point was that I do NOT agree with that. I think CheerSport is a great competition. Perhaps even the best OVERALL competition. However, CheerSport is NOT the best Level 5 competition. That title is exclusively owned by NCA. I don't even think it is close.

I have to go with NCA. So why argue with the statement "I don't think anyone will argue that CheerSport is the best level 5 competition" at this late date? Missed communication? I will say this, in talking with Courtney and some people at Varsity, there seems to be a lot of informed people that think Worlds should evolve to to include the regular competition season in the World's Championship. Let's be real, a second day at 2:30 should NOT define the best of the best. Go with a standardized score sheet and include multiple Nationals of choice, say NCA, CheerSport, UCA, Jambrands and whatever everyone agrees should be included, and make it 50% of the score for Champion. Agree?

I have to go with NCA. So why argue with the statement "I don't think anyone will argue that CheerSport is the best level 5 competition" at this late date? Missed communication? I will say this, in talking with Courtney and some people at Varsity, there seems to be a lot of informed people that think Worlds should evolve to to include the regular competition season in the World's Championship. Let's be real, a second day at 2:30 should NOT define the best of the best. Go with a standardized score sheet and include multiple Nationals of choice, say NCA, CheerSport, UCA, Jambrands and whatever everyone agrees should be included, and make it 50% of the score for Champion. Agree?
Sounds great in theory. Don't think the economics would allow a fair representation at all nationals. I'm certain the west coast folks would take issue with this plan.

Sounds great in theory. Don't think the economics would allow a fair representation at all nationals. I'm certain the west coast folks would take issue with this plan.

Well, you know for my life California has led the way in innovation. So ask them what they want to come and play in the sandbox and make it so #1. It's not so hard. And if the big competition companies do not want to play, get the gym owners to set it up, they are the ones pulling the wagon anyway and should benefit from their expertise and talent. Let me just say that the people that run the gyms and train the teams are the superstars, and they need to realize their talent and hard work and start dictating terms to the industry. They are truly crazy to minimize their talent.

Well, you know for my life California has led the way in innovation. So ask them what they want to come and play in the sandbox and make it so #1. It's not so hard. And if the big competition companies do not want to play, get the gym owners to set it up, they are the ones pulling the wagon anyway and should benefit from their expertise and talent. Let me just say that the people that run the gyms and train the teams are the superstars, and they need to realize their talent and hard work and start dictating terms to the industry. They are truly crazy to minimize their talent.
Fine points!

Saying that I don't care isn't a fair characterization of my opinion. What I have said repeatedly is that I fear the unintended consequences of the "sport" declaration.

I've always encouraged growth. Especially the kind that involves many more paying spectators.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "unintended consequences"?

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "unintended consequences"?

Well, it's not always easy because if we could predict them, they might not be considered "unintended".

But let's think about Title IX for an example. Women wanted equal sports opportunities at the college level. Seems pretty straightforward and most people probably aren't opposed to that concept.

But it has morphed into a horrible quota system that has cost lots of guys their scholarships.

Another example is that in states where high school cheer is considered a sport, the high schools ended up getting their "season" restricted and most, if not all, are no longer allowed to travel out of state to compete.

Just some thoughts for all those that want to hand over the reigns of running cheer to a governmental body.

I don't like the sound of that at all. So what if team A gets beat all season by team B, but team A work their butts off to clearly deliver a better routine than team B at worlds. Not only that, but team B didn't do their best at worlds & didn't hit. Team B wins because they won all of their comps up until worlds. That doesn't sound fare me.

Just adding to what I said..

Routines change throughout the season. Who ever brings and competes the best routine at worlds, should win worlds. The best of the best should be able to handle the pressure day 2 at worlds & compete the best 2:30 routine they can. World champions shouldn't be determined by what comps some team won in the past.

Nice use of buzzwords, cliches, and catchphrases. I'm not sure what you actually are trying to say, though.

What sport uses out the regular season results to affect the final score of the championship? That sounds like a terrible idea. (That also sounds like the Infinity Cup.) They don't add 6 points to the NFC team in the Superbowl because they beat the AFC team in week 7 of the regular season. You don't get to start with a runner on 1st for 5 innings in each World Series game if you won over 90 games in the season.

Are you trying to give the event producers more power? Now your scores at their nationals in February play a role in the scores at Worlds? How is that helping gym owners overthrow their "evil EP overlords"?

Back