All-Star 2013 Cheer Extreme Showcase......come Be A Vip!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm disappointed. It would be one thing for her to show up at the CTR showcase, but this is CEA. They have such a great program and make such a classy production of their showcase and having Abby Lee as a highlight just cheapens it all for me. I felt the same way about CTR being highlighted at the Cheer Athletics showcase. :(:confused:

I'm sorry you're disappointed!

I think it's cool that they're bringing in public people to MC their event, I really do, Bravo (I would like Mariah Carey to come to our competition that we host, but I'll keep dreaming)...but I can't help but wonder how much they are paying for ALM's appearance. Wouldn't that money be put to better use by putting it in a scholarship fund, or buying equipment for the gym, etc? CEA already has a huge audience, do they think that just by having ALM come, they are going to be reaching a new market or something? I'm not connecting the dots on any benefit, other than shock value (for lack of a better term).

Abby Lee Miller ‏@Abby_Lee_Miller22h
Can't wait to meet all of the CES Performers in Winston - Salem, NC on October 27th! #evolution #cesshowcase @CheerLive

:confused: i dont get it, she doesnt even know the correct name of the event she is attending, why even bother. i hope csp isnt paying her to come out. i have a lot of respect for cheer extreme as a program, and i dont get what is behind them having her come to their showcase. anyone know why this is now a planned special guest?

Can't wait to meet all of the CES Performers in Winston - Salem, NC on October 27th! #evolution #cesshowcase @CheerLive

:confused: i dont get it, she doesnt even know the correct name of the event she is attending, why even bother. i hope csp isnt paying her to come out. i have a lot of respect for cheer extreme as a program, and i dont get what is behind them having her come to their showcase. anyone know why this is now a planned special guest?
i dont have an opinion on her being there at all as i have never even seen an episode of dance moms. BUT i would hardly classify calling it ces showcase as not even "knowing the correct name of the event she is attending". also, as a side note: s and a are right beside each other on the keyboard. coulda been a typo.

i dont have an opinion on her being there at all as i have never even seen an episode of dance moms. BUT i would hardly classify calling it ces showcase as not even "knowing the correct name of the event she is attending". also, as a side note: s and a are right beside each other on the keyboard. coulda been a typo.

ehhh regardless if it was a typo or not, cea showcase has been a very hyped event for awhile now, especially with all the great talent, and the amount of "cheerlebrities" that have come out of that program ( i dont like using that word, but dont know how else to type it out, sorry) i just hope it doesnt backfire for them, considering how that woman tends to act in public......

ehhh regardless if it was a typo or not, cea showcase has been a very hyped event for awhile now, especially with all the great talent, and the amount of "cheerlebrities" that have come out of that program ( i dont like using that word, but dont know how else to type it out, sorry) i just hope it doesnt backfire for them, considering how that woman tends to act in public......
I just don't like that here is a woman who has put down cheerleaders on her show now being promoted at a highly respected cheer gym's showcase. I'm wondering if ALM is paying CSP to attend and be highlighted for some reason. Maybe she's jumping on the Paula Abdul bandwagon and wants to have her name tied to a comp....

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I'm disappointed. It would be one thing for her to show up at the CTR showcase, but this is CEA. They have such a great program and make such a classy production of their showcase and having Abby Lee as a highlight just cheapens it all for me. I felt the same way about CTR being highlighted at the Cheer Athletics showcase. :(:confused:
Wait...CTR was highlighted at the CA showcase? How did I miss that...

I just don't like that here is a woman who has put down cheerleaders on her show now being promoted at a highly respected cheer gym's showcase. I'm wondering if ALM is paying CSP to attend and be highlighted for some reason. Maybe she's jumping on the Paula Abdul bandwagon and wants to have her name tied to a comp....

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!
im wondering if its the other way around that ALM was invited to come out for whatever reason by CSP. i just dont get why, that show has nothing to do with cheerleading.... someone from CEA on the boards needs to try and explain this, cause its just a head scratcher moment for me.

Wait...CTR was highlighted at the CA showcase? How did I miss that...
plus shes from PA, why come to NC for a cheer showcase. there has got to be more to this.....
I'm wondering if it has anything to do with Cheer Live. From what I understand, that's why CTR was at the CA showcase (they weren't highlighted), really just to film that Cheer Live promo. They were also reportedly doing some Meet and Greets in the area the same weekend as the CA showcase.

Okay, I'll bite. Now keep in mind, I'm a CEA newbie so I don't have any "insider" information. All i have are opinions (which my family will tell you I like to give out whether they're solicited or not). I've got a CP in Kville and I have one in Charlotte. But, this is what I've seen just since we got there.

1) I don't think this is some publicity stunt. I've seen the kids in two locations - I would imagine its the same in the others - that are over the moon about this. I think CSP brought ALM in as a "present" to her kids. Her kids love that show and they're the ones going nuts about photo ops. I think she did for them what they'd love to do for her in bringing Celine out for CSP just because the kids love her and they know she loves Celine. One of the things I noticed quickly is how much she loves her kids and knows what they like/don't like/ gets them excited etc. She wants them to be excited....and lemme tell you....they are! I don't think this has anything to do with a publicity stunt so much as just loving all over her kids.

2) Just from watching Facebook and Instagram etc...I've picked up very quickly that CSP is moved (primarily) by her ability to use her passion to tell a story. That's even in the routines I'm watching this year. Both my CoEd Elite CP and my Charlotte JC5/MedCoed5 CP routines especially stick in my head. There's a reason for everything she does and it always gets back to telling a greater story or lesson. I think that's the same for this as well and it will all make perfect sense when it happens in 10 days. I haven't always trusted my kids coaches, but this one I've learned quickly to just sit down, shut up and trust because she knows what she's doing and it will all reveal itself. I'm not a dance moms fan, but I'm not bothered by ALM's invitation. I trust and believe this will make sense in a way only CSP makes it make sense. And before the board gets sideways, I learned my lesson BIG TIME about drinking anyone's kool-aid (teal or any other color) so this opinion was formed without any teal kool aid involved.

3) The general vibe I've picked up from CEA is that (while an allstar gym) the philosophies and especially longevity of the program seems to align itself from what I know of dance studios more so than any other female sport. I'm convinced that (even though we do vastly different skills) the overall philosophy and mindset of CEA and the dance industry are very similar. In addition to that, they had tryouts for CEA dance teams for the first time ever (that I know of) just a few weeks ago. In that sense, if she's expanding into the dance market, this makes perfect sense as a way to kick that off.

Courtney tweeted that CES stands for Cheer Extreme Showcase.

But, I'm also just kinda confused as to why she's coming in general. Just seems a little weird to me.

Oh I'm sure its all about the kids... Nothing to do with publicity and trying to get their own TV show. its kinda funny how everyone was changing her tweet to say CEA instead of CES! hehe the thirst for fame is real in NC

Back