All-Star 2013 Pet Peeves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don't have an issue with the commentators for cheerleading as long as they're not getting anything wrong (when Amanda Borden called a group of roundoff handspring fulls "roundoff layouts"..........). Their commentary isn't there for us, the commentary is in place for people who don't know cheerleading, or don't know it well. They're putting it in lamest terms so the average viewer (though I doubt there are many for cheerleading on ESPN) can grasp SOMEWHAT what the sport is about. If they start talking about ball ups, tick tocks, whip doubles, full arounds, etc., the viewer is gonna get lost.
I totally disagree. I don't know what those things on the football or basketball programs are. We're no different. If people want to know then they should develop an interest in our sport instead of listening to commentators demean it with their word choice. But that's just my opinion. You made a very plausible argument as well.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I totally disagree. I don't know what those things on the football or basketball programs are. We're no different. If people want to know then they should develop an interest in our sport instead of listening to commentators demean it with their word choice. But that's just my opinion. You made a very plausible argument as well.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Basketball and football are generally a lot easier to understand for the average viewer than something like figure skating, gymnastics, acrobatics, or cheerleading. Objective sports don't need the same kind of commentary that subjective sports do. The average spectator could probably not watch two routines side-by-side and say why one won and the other lost, the commentators are there to add some kind of an insight into that without being completely specific to the point that the viewer doesn't understand.

Latest posts

Back