All-Star 2013 Pet Peeves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I absolutely cannot stand seeing little minis in tiny crop tops and skirts. I like it when gyms keep the crops to junior and senior teams. And when a uniform is like obviously 3 sizes too small, that could not have been an accident:eek:
I think it's cute when minis and tinys have crop tops, I love their little pudgy bellies in crop tops, call me creepy. But I think there's an extent to which some cutouts, necklines, skirt lengths, etc. are not age appropriate for a small child.

At NCA, when those NCA instructors or directors whatever you call them, quickly rush a team off the mat after they perform their hearts out. I get that you have to get the next team in but let the team enjoy the hardwork they put into the performance.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

For some reason it really bugs me when people will run halfway across the mat before doing their roundoff for their running pass. Like do you really need that much of a run to complete your pass?

I take a mini-baby step and three real steps before a pass, and that puts me almost halfway across the floor because my steps are so long...and I start back in the corner as far as I can...would you really consider that too many?

I take a mini-baby step and three real steps before a pass, and that puts me almost halfway across the floor because my steps are so long...and I start back in the corner as far as I can...would you really consider that too many?
I don't mind if the person is tall and has long strides, but if its someone short and I see them take like 5 steps before.... It bugs me.

People who post crotch shots of their 10 year old flyers on Facebook! I'm sorry, but I just find that disturbing!!!!

When flyers full up to a stretch and on their way around their free leg that they are gonna pull is all loose and isn't tight to them so it like flings around. It looks soooooo messy.

For some reason it really bugs me when people will run halfway across the mat before doing their roundoff for their running pass. Like do you really need that much of a run to complete your pass?
You do realize that if the team is doing diagonal tumbling you have to clear center before the next person can go, so (dependent on what pass your doing)that means sometimes you have to clear center before starting tumbling pass.

I miss when cheer music actually had music in it. I watch routines and it's just voiceover... voiceover... voiceover...
How about the voiceovers that sing? Like over the background track of a song to change the lyrics so they go better with the gym/team. What comes to mind is World Cup Cosmic Rays. When I first listened to that I started thinking about the line between a fierce VoiceOver & straight up singing.

How about the voiceovers that sing? Like over the background track of a song to change the lyrics so they go better with the gym/team. What comes to mind is World Cup Cosmic Rays. When I first listened to that I started thinking about the line between a fierce VoiceOver & straight up singing.
Those are more tolerable. I have nothing against voiceovers... I like what they add. But that's all they should be used for... as an addition to some awesome music!

Scales to Arabesque
Mixes with no connection between one song and the next- seriously, it sounds like they're counting down the top 40
Dances where there is no dance- just high v after low v
Competitions with cold warm up rooms!

I HATE when I see people from other teams or people in the stands laughing at mistakes made on the floor. Okay a stunt fell or somebody made a tumbling error but do you have to yell "that wasn't good" or "ew"? And that's putting it nicely. I've heard some really nasty comments.

Latest posts

Back