OT A Place To Chat About Other Sports :)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I think you both just became my new best friends... Love baseball. My mom is a cubs fan but she got to go on an all access tour of the yankees stadium this weekend. Seeing that she hates the yankees and I'm a die hard yankees fan... I was PISSED. and jealous. But mostly, I was pissed.

We were besties for all of about 30 seconds until I read the rest of your post hahaha go sox!!! :)

Edited to add: Y'all should know I'm a massive Red Sox fan since I'm still supporting them after the massive downfall two years ago and this year just being awful. I love this time of year because I'm so hopeful for next season

I think you both just became my new best friends... Love baseball. My mom is a cubs fan but she got to go on an all access tour of the yankees stadium this weekend. Seeing that she hates the yankees and I'm a die hard yankees fan... I was PISSED. and jealous. But mostly, I was pissed.
My parents went on a tour to AT&T park without me. And got to spend the night there on the field without me. Twice. (The "Giants Slumber Party" always lands on the same weekend as UCA College Camp at UCSB...) They always go to playoff games and Dodgers games without me. And then they exclaim how awesome it was and I feel so unloved. But I guess that's what happens when your parents get engaged at a Giants game...
But I feel your pain. And I agree, we should definitely be best friends, I mean my team avenged your team by destroying the Tigers in the World Series. ;)

Y0u can't spell eliminated without Eli. Ravens are in the playoffs regardless of who played but it's better they didn't win so they didn't have to face Cincy a third time. I can't wait for baseball right now. UNLESS the NHL can come out of this lock out. Last try for this. Pleaseeeeee bring me hockey.

One of my sisters tore her ACL back in October, you can use hers! Or sneak in with the St. Norbert's cheerleaders (our all girl (boring) other half). My duffle bag is huge too. I could probably stuff you in there, as long as the drug dogs don't smell you out hahahha. I've never been at a game at Lambeau until this year.

I will gladly loan you my uniform CoachTamara If i'm not using it, someone should!

One of my sisters tore her ACL back in October, you can use hers! Or sneak in with the St. Norbert's cheerleaders (our all girl (boring) other half). My duffle bag is huge too. I could probably stuff you in there, as long as the drug dogs don't smell you out hahahha. I've never been at a game at Lambeau until this year.
I was curious what you meant by boring, so I youtubed them. I understand now...

I was curious what you meant by boring, so I youtubed them. I understand now...
Yeah... We actually go into the end zone and stunt/do pyramids & tumble at time outs. I'm pretty sure from what I've heard (we never really see them during games) they just stand on the sideline and wave or maybe do a few libs.

Yeah... We actually go into the end zone and stunt/do pyramids & tumble at time outs. I'm pretty sure from what I've heard (we never really see them during games) they just stand on the sideline and wave or maybe do a few libs.
In the video I saw they all looked bored or like they couldn't care less about cheering. And don't even get me started on their motions...

In the video I saw they all looked bored or like they couldn't care less about cheering. And don't even get me started on their motions...
Hahahah even my aunt commented about their motions, and she doesn't know much stuff about cheer. One time a random girl at school came up to me and said that we looked waaay better than them. Totally made my day.

Hahahah even my aunt commented about their motions, and she doesn't know much stuff about cheer. One time a random girl at school came up to me and said that we looked waaay better than them. Totally made my day.
I love that! Every once in a while a cheer team will travel with their football team, and whenever we're compared to other cheer teams, people in the stands actually come up to us and comment on how good we are. Not to brag, but we're the best cheer team in our division/area, and people don't realize how hard we work or how good we are unless there's a comparison.

I love that! Every once in a while a cheer team will travel with their football team, and whenever we're compared to other cheer teams, people in the stands actually come up to us and comment on how good we are. Not to brag, but we're the best cheer team in our division/area, and people don't realize how hard we work or how good we are unless there's a comparison.
Hearing that kind of stuff is the best! Where do you cheer?

It always makes me feel good when people say "you guys are way better than the cowboys cheerleaders" obviously they are better dancers than us (because that's what they are!) but still feels good to hear. Except last game a guy told me "you should show some more skin next time!" Uh, no. Just no. It's 20 degrees out...

Hearing that kind of stuff is the best! Where do you cheer?

It always makes me feel good when people say "you guys are way better than the cowboys cheerleaders" obviously they are better dancers than us (because that's what they are!) but still feels good to hear. Except last game a guy told me "you should show some more skin next time!" Uh, no. Just no. It's 20 degrees out...
A small 2 year school near Sacramento. We're not amazing and it's only our third year competing, but I think in a few years the program will be really good! We also do STUNT. But in our area, the only other good collegiate cheer team is Sac State, and they're coed and in a completely different division (D1, I think. We kinda float around because we're a JC AND all-girl)
I can't stand it when people compare us to professional "cheerleaders." Like, we don't even do anything similar, except hold poms. A dancer holding poms does not make them a cheerleader! And I don't know how you can stand that cold... I'm freezing at 45 degrees!

A small 2 year school near Sacramento. We're not amazing and it's only our third year competing, but I think in a few years the program will be really good! We also do STUNT. But in our area, the only other good collegiate cheer team is Sac State, and they're coed and in a completely different division (D1, I think. We kinda float around because we're a JC AND all-girl)
I can't stand it when people compare us to professional "cheerleaders." Like, we don't even do anything similar, except hold poms. A dancer holding poms does not make them a cheerleader! And I don't know how you can stand that cold... I'm freezing at 45 degrees!

I wish my team competed :( do you do the STUNT team too? Or is that like a totally different team? I think it looks cool :)

We wear lots of layers lol. I think when it was 45 we were still wearing skirts! With ice skating tights ha

I wish my team competed :( do you do the STUNT team too? Or is that like a totally different team? I think it looks cool :)

We wear lots of layers lol. I think when it was 45 we were still wearing skirts! With ice skating tights ha
It's kind of complicated this year. We have show cheer tryouts in May. Everyone who does show cheer does STUNT, but we have tryouts in September to add on for STUNT. But 3 of the girls who added on for STUNT wanted to do our show cheer competition too, but not cheer at games. So we have 16 girls for games, 19 girls for normal competition, then 20 girls for STUNT. I do all three. And it's even more complicated because we have two routines. Our coach cheered at Sac and is very UCA style, so she likes having a cheer in our competition routine, but in STUNT you can't have a cheer section since it's point it to eliminate crowd leading and focus on competition. So we have our "show cheer" routine and our modified "STUNT" routine.
Stunt is so much fun! At first I was super skeptical because it is a lot, but it turned out to be a lot of fun. We ranked 3rd overall in our division last season (our first season trying it) and the top two teams get a paid bid to Daytona for the National Championships, so that's our goal this year!

Luckily, it rarely gets that cold during football season for us. At all of our home games we didn't even wear our liners because it was so warm! Yay, California!

Back