OT A Place To Chat About Other Sports :)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Ems whoa, that is crazy!! Sounds like you have no free time. Which of the three do you like best? I hope you guys get your paid bid!!

I've only been to Cali once, and that was the night before we got on a cruise lol. I just remember they said it was the hottest day of the year the day we either left or got there. I can't remember lol

Ems whoa, that is crazy!! Sounds like you have no free time. Which of the three do you like best? I hope you guys get your paid bid!!

I've only been to Cali once, and that was the night before we got on a cruise lol. I just remember they said it was the hottest day of the year the day we either left or got there. I can't remember lol
It's hard to say. Not game day cheering. Like I love cheering at games, but if I had to pick only one, that would not be it. I'm too competitive. I'd have to say STUNT over traditional cheer competition. It's cool because I can shine in certain quarters and not even participate in another, plus you still have your traditional routine. I love the first two quarters (group stunting and pyramids/tosses) because I can stunt really well. The third quarter (jumps and tumbling) I'm not in (I'm pretty bad at both), but I get to cheer on my team and it's a lot of fun. Then lastly is your traditional routine. It takes up a lot of energy but it's so much fun being able to go head to head. I got so much more excited during it than actual competition.

It's hard to say. Not game day cheering. Like I love cheering at games, but if I had to pick only one, that would not be it. I'm too competitive. I'd have to say STUNT over traditional cheer competition. It's cool because I can shine in certain quarters and not even participate in another, plus you still have your traditional routine. I love the first two quarters (group stunting and pyramids/tosses) because I can stunt really well. The third quarter (jumps and tumbling) I'm not in (I'm pretty bad at both), but I get to cheer on my team and it's a lot of fun. Then lastly is your traditional routine. It takes up a lot of energy but it's so much fun being able to go head to head. I got so much more excited during it than actual competition.
Stunt sounds so cool! I wish my college had it too. It's like the best of both worlds. The one thing that I regret about choosing where I go school is that we don't compete :( but I guess cheering at packer games makes up for it :)

Stunt sounds so cool! I wish my college had it too. It's like the best of both worlds. The one thing that I regret about choosing where I go school is that we don't compete :( but I guess cheering at packer games makes up for it :)
I chose my school based off of the cheer team... but this might be my last year, so I have no idea what I'm going to do with all my free time... :confused:
Though that's one thing I'm jealous of. I go to a small school where the spirit completely sucks. I would love to cheer in a huge football stadium like LSU or Lambeau but I probably won't get that chance!

I chose my school based off of the cheer team... but this might be my last year, so I have no idea what I'm going to do with all my free time... :confused:
Though that's one thing I'm jealous of. I go to a small school where the spirit completely sucks. I would love to cheer in a huge football stadium like LSU or Lambeau but I probably won't get that chance!
I wanted to choose mine off of cheer. I've planned on going to Minnesota but my parents couldn't afford it b/c they had to send three kids to college at once. And they didn't want us 7 hours away freshman year. I want to transfer there eventually. Their all girl team is my dream team.
Our school spirit pretty much sucks for basketball games, thankfully the Packers make up for it. What year are you? I'm a freshman.

I wanted to choose mine off of cheer. I've planned on going to Minnesota but my parents couldn't afford it b/c they had to send three kids to college at once. And they didn't want us 7 hours away freshman year. I want to transfer there eventually. Their all girl team is my dream team.
Our school spirit pretty much sucks for basketball games, thankfully the Packers make up for it. What year are you? I'm a freshman.
My parents only have me to worry about with college, so I guess I'm pretty lucky. (I have an older brother though, but he's slightly autistic) I'm a sophomore so I'll be transferring soon. I haven't decided where though, another reason of why this might be my last year cheering. My school (at any sporting event) just kind of stares at us like we're idiots...

My parents only have me to worry about with college, so I guess I'm pretty lucky. (I have an older brother though, but he's slightly autistic) I'm a sophomore so I'll be transferring soon. I haven't decided where though, another reason of why this might be my last year cheering. My school (at any sporting event) just kind of stares at us like we're idiots...
Do you want to transfers out of state? It a bigger Cali school? What events do you all cheer for? One school I was looking at has the cheerleaders cheer at volleyball games. So weird for me because I've only ever cheered for basketball or football.

Do you want to transfers out of state? It a bigger Cali school? What events do you all cheer for? One school I was looking at has the cheerleaders cheer at volleyball games. So weird for me because I've only ever cheered for basketball or football.
I would love to transfer out of state, but I have no idea where, my boyfriend thinks I should go to LSU though. I'll probably end up at either San Francisco State or UC Santa Barbara. Many of the bigger Cali schools have non competitive cheer programs, so I don't know if I can go from such a competitive team to not even being a contender...
We only cheer for basketball and football too. We did go to one volleyball game though because the athletic director wanted us to. It was weird...

I would love to transfer out of state, but I have no idea where, my boyfriend thinks I should go to LSU though. I'll probably end up at either San Francisco State or UC Santa Barbara. Many of the bigger Cali schools have non competitive cheer programs, so I don't know if I can go from such a competitive team to not even being a contender...
We only cheer for basketball and football too. We did go to one volleyball game though because the athletic director wanted us to. It was weird...
I agree with the boyfriend, go to LSU! Oh yeah, after all the craziness you do now going to a non- competitive school would be so boring!

I agree with the boyfriend, go to LSU! Oh yeah, after all the craziness you do now going to a non- competitive school would be so boring!
I know nothing about Louisiana other than they don't have counties, they have parishes! And I wouldn't be able to cheer there. But it would be an experience :)
And we've totally hijacked this thread. Oops...

I know nothing about Louisiana other than they don't have counties, they have parishes! And I wouldn't be able to cheer there. But it would be an experience :)
And we've totally hijacked this thread. Oops...
Haha I know nothing about Louisiana either haha.
Opps, our bad :)

#sorrynotsorry

Well I know that LSU lost to Clemson today. The beau is not happy. He takes his football very seriously.
I'm guessing he's a hugeee LSU fan! Who is he rooting for in the Rose Bowl? I'm rooting for Wisconsin of course :) Hopefully the third time will be the charm!

I'm guessing he's a hugeee LSU fan! Who is he rooting for in the Rose Bowl? I'm rooting for Wisconsin of course :) Hopefully the third time will be the charm!
He better be rooting for Stanford! Im a Stanford fan and I have family that works there. Plus, my school has the same logo and colors, so whenever we were in our uniforms in public, people think we're Stanford. So... Sorry Wisconsin. It should be a good game though!

He better be rooting for Stanford! Im a Stanford fan and I have family that works there. Plus, my school has the same logo and colors, so whenever we were in our uniforms in public, people think we're Stanford. So... Sorry Wisconsin. It should be a good game though!
Oh duh, I should have known! It will without a doubt be a good game. One of my old teammates from high school cheers at Madison so hopefully I'll be able to see her on TV too haha.

Back