High School Advice?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 12, 2012
Hey guys at the end of this school year my school is holdin tryouts for freshman, junior varsity, and varsity. Is their anything that I should know before I tryout? I know it's a little early to ask but I want to practice:)

Depends - sideline or competition teams - if competition team how good are they? What state are you in? This makes a big difference.

The reason I ask is some schools have different requirements for each. Some require competition cheerleaders to do sideline as well. Depending in the state and the level of competition you may need a layout or full just to make JV.

Best thing would be to talk to the coach. Let them know you're interested in trying out in the spring and ask them what you should know or work on for tryouts.

Good luck

It also doesn't hurt to go to some games where you can watch them cheer or go to some of their competitions. You can see what they do, and it gives you a pretty good idea of what they're looking for.
And I agree 100% with CheerDadof2, talk to the coach!!! Whether in person or email, that's the best way to find out accurate and honest information about the team.

Back