All-Star American Superstarz Myrtle Beach March 31 & April 1

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Anyone got results yet by chance? (Sat night) Didn't see it on the website. Is there a facebook or twitter page?

Tiny 1 B
- 1st Fame
- 2nd CAO Elite

Mini 1 C
- 1st Cheer Corps
- CAO Elite

Youth Small 1
- 1st Cheer Tyme
- 2nd CAO Elite
- 3rd Cheer Corps

Small Senior 1
- 1st CAO Elite
- 2nd Cheer Tyme

Youth Small 2 C
- 1st Cheer Corps
- 2nd CAO Elite

Small Coed 4
- 1st CAO Elite
- 2nd Cheer Corps
- 3rd Carolina Legacy

Carolina Spirit Athletics
Mini large 1- not sure of place
Junior large 1- not sure, but may not be too great bc of an illegal pyramid
Junior large 3-1st
Senior large 2-2nd
Senior large 4-1st

FAME Beach brought all teams except for Notorious. Most have already competed. I only know the placements so far for our tiny's and minis. They are both in first after day 1. Not sure about our Senior 1 (Headliners) or Senior 4.2 beach (Show Stoppers) will know later on :).

Is epic there ??

Is epic there ??
Epic was not there. They are from our Richmond program, and we only tool the Beach and New York Programs to this competition.

To comment on the overall experience at this competition; I thoroughly enjoyed it. The arenas had a great big competition feel to them for the athletes. The judging seem extremely fair, and I truly enjoyed being able to see how my teams individual scores in each category compared to the high and low score in the division. Awards was fantastic and the guy doing the announcing was a really fun guy. Overall this was truly a great competition. I would recommend it to anyone. Hope we go back next year!!

Epic was not there. They are from our Richmond program, and we only tool the Beach and New York Programs to this competition.

To comment on the overall experience at this competition; I thoroughly enjoyed it. The arenas had a great big competition feel to them for the athletes. The judging seem extremely fair, and I truly enjoyed being able to see how my teams individual scores in each category compared to the high and low score in the division. Awards was fantastic and the guy doing the announcing was a really fun guy. Overall this was truly a great competition. I would recommend it to anyone. Hope we go back next year!!

It's the first time I didn't hate being in myrtle beach. We've gone to BATB the last two years and the arena set up was SO much better here, it ran on time, the programs were correct, i liked you could do buy pages for your kids in it, just wish wed had more notice (missed the bus on that one) the awards didn't feel like a sardine can. I think they were shocked for the number of teams that came this year and were a little understaffed in warm ups because of it, but that's an easy fix for next year. We liked this one immensely over BATB. Overall we thought the judging was spot on as well. A few quirks here and there but far less than a typical competition.

The announcer in hall C was great, the only complaint I have about hall A is that the guy couldn't pronounce our gym name.... We're Aviator. If we were "avatar" I'm pretty sure our owners would've picked blue as our team colors :D I'd recommend this one.

Carolina Spirit Athletics
Mini large 1- not sure of place
Junior large 1- not sure, but may not be too great bc of an illegal pyramid
Junior large 3-1st
Senior large 2-2nd
Senior large 4-1st
You all rocked it OUT! Your jr 3 dazzle is ridonkulous. Soooooo much fun to watch. You need to teach some classes in how to be sharp with arm motions. Geat job this weekend!

OK, help me out to understand this one. Day one, my daughters team did good with only a small hiccup on the pyramid. Now another team in same division dropped a stunt, not all the way down, and then dropped a girl from a basket toss(she hit the floor) but yet when the results for performance order came out, they were in front us?!?!?!?!?

On a side note. Aviator Allstar Tomcats....excellent. Cheer Corps Ranger Co.........excellent!!!!! (both level 2)

My gym has had two bad experiences at a American Championship brand event and were never coming back there again! We were planning on going too the All-Levels event in Atlanta but not anymore since its ran by American. Any ways my gyms rankings are...
Tiny 1 - 1st
Mini 1 - 2nd
Youth 1 - 2nd?!
Youth 2 - 2nd (Cheer Corps was amazing in this division!!)
Senior 1 - 2nd?!
Small Sr Coed 4 - 1st

OK, help me out to understand this one. Day one, my daughters team did good with only a small hiccup on the pyramid. Now another team in same division dropped a stunt, not all the way down, and then dropped a girl from a basket toss(she hit the floor) but yet when the results for performance order came out, they were in front us?!?!?!?!?

On a side note. Aviator Allstar Tomcats....excellent. Cheer Corps Ranger Co.........excellent!!!!! (both level 2)
Aww thanks! Tomcats are a fierce little team (and a young youth2 at that, most of those kids are mini age) they will be FIERCE when they're seniors!

Most likely has to do with strength of routine and routine difficulty. If your routine has enough difficulty it can make up for a deduction. The other thing that is of PRIME importance in a varsity score sheet is the .1 to 1.0 per category you get for technique. One team can pull a bow and arrow and have their kids without their chests pulled through, bent and leaning to the side and arms behind their leg and it won't score as high as a nice heel stretch pulled up to your ear. Timing issues ( hitting together) also goes into that technique "bonus" as I like to think of it. Scales that look like 4s won't get that technique score added to your difficulty whereas that heel stretch will. All of that figures in.

However, I score every division for our gym (aviator) and got every placement correct...except one and i still cant figure that one out. I will say there was one team in the Tomcats division that I couldnt figure out why they were placed where they were. I had them a lot higher up the scale. On the whole I've gotten pretty good at scoring divisions for our coaches but I'm certainly NOT a judge.

My gym has had two bad experiences at a American Championship brand event and were never coming back there again! We were planning on going too the All-Levels event in Atlanta but not anymore since its ran by American. Any ways my gyms rankings are...
Tiny 1 - 1st
Mini 1 - 2nd
Youth 1 - 2nd?!
Youth 2 - 2nd (Cheer Corps was amazing in this division!!)
Senior 1 - 2nd?!
Small Sr Coed 4 - 1st
I'm looking at your profile pic...are you guys CAO .... They were AMAZING this weekend! Sooooooo freakin fun to watch. Myself and another mom were talking about them at the gym tonight! If you're not going to all levels well miss seeing you again!

I'm looking at your profile pic...are you guys CAO .... They were AMAZING this weekend! Sooooooo freakin fun to watch. Myself and another mom were talking about them at the gym tonight! If you're not going to all levels well miss seeing you again!
Thank you sooooo much! That means alot!! Aviator has a strong program as well and congrats on winning the sportsmanship award. We're doing US Finals in Orlando and we might go to Daytona instead of Atlanta for All-Levels but most likely not :(

Thank you sooooo much! That means alot!! Aviator has a strong program as well and congrats on winning the sportsmanship award. We're doing US Finals in Orlando and we might go to Daytona instead of Atlanta for All-Levels but most likely not :(
No problem. Thanks for a great show! Best of luck for the rest of your season!!!!

Aww thanks! Tomcats are a fierce little team (and a young youth2 at that, most of those kids are mini age) they will be FIERCE when they're seniors!

Most likely has to do with strength of routine and routine difficulty. If your routine has enough difficulty it can make up for a deduction. The other thing that is of PRIME importance in a varsity score sheet is the .1 to 1.0 per category you get for technique. One team can pull a bow and arrow and have their kids without their chests pulled through, bent and leaning to the side and arms behind their leg and it won't score as high as a nice heel stretch pulled up to your ear. Timing issues ( hitting together) also goes into that technique "bonus" as I like to think of it. Scales that look like 4s won't get that technique score added to your difficulty whereas that heel stretch will. All of that figures in.

However, I score every division for our gym (aviator) and got every placement correct...except one and i still cant figure that one out. I will say there was one team in the Tomcats division that I couldnt figure out why they were placed where they were. I had them a lot higher up the scale. On the whole I've gotten pretty good at scoring divisions for our coaches but I'm certainly NOT a judge.
Can I ask you which team it was that you cant figure out the placement? Our team was in that division and I thought our placement was low as well. I am definitely not trying to put down any of the other teams....it was an amazing group of teams.

Here's some CAO Elite videos from this weekened! I will upload some others soon!
Tiny 1

Mini 1

Senior 1

You all rocked it OUT! Your jr 3 dazzle is ridonkulous. Soooooo much fun to watch. You need to teach some classes in how to be sharp with arm motions. Geat job this weekend!
one of my two teams, sr 4 dropped to 2nd, bc of a stunt fall. but it was behind fame who won CS N'tnals, so no biggie!

Back