All-Star Angel Rice Moving To Cali Smoed For 2014-2015 Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Her next tweet was she's going to summit with green. Please tell me it's not as an athlete. I thought Summit was up to level 5R? Am I crazy?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

This confused me cause her tweet made it seem like she was competing with them however I think her 15th birthday was this past December which would make her ineligible for Jr.
Don't hold me to that, but I'm pretty sure.

Why all the way to Cali? Topgun, Cheer Athletics, Spirit, World Cup, and Maryland Twisters (among others) are HALF the distance. No disrespect to Cali, but I'm hoping there are other reasons for the move than just to cheer at Cali. There's DOZENS of world's caliber (and world champion) programs much closer. We all know she will be AMAZING anywhere she goes, she's an amazing athlete (and an amazing person from what I hear, I don't know her personally). GOOD LUCK ANGEL!!

I would love to see her on f5!!

I think Angel had her tryout out Worlds. I do not see anything wrong with them stating she is on the team. There are 19 other spots.

I would have loved to see her on Lady Jags or TGLC. There hasn't been a girl tumbler on TGLC featured since Kimmy in 2007 I think it was.

Thanks for clearing it up. I didn't know her age and didn't know J5 did the summit. Learned something today!

so if her birthday was december she could technically be on green BUT no worlds competitors are allowed to compete at the summit and i doubt rays would be the gym to try that.

and holy i feel old if that girl just turned 15!

I think Angel had her tryout out Worlds. I do not see anything wrong with them stating she is on the team. There are 19 other spots.

I would have loved to see her on Lady Jags or TGLC. There hasn't been a girl tumbler on TGLC featured since Kimmy in 2007 I think it was.

I was thinking the same thing. I would have love for her to go to top gun.

I don't think any team in the country would have any problem announcing that Angel Rice made a team prior to tryouts. She's hands down the best female tumbler in cheer in the country. It's great marketing in preparation for tryouts.

Now this makes sense! As a coach and from a business stand point, announcing that someone of her caliber and popularity would be cheering at their gym is genius actually. I wonder what other "Cheerlebrities" might try and jump on the Smoed band wagon. Im excited to see her on Smoed though!

Didn't someone else use the excuse of power tumbling at Cali ..
I do think it is becoming - want a ring? go to smoed. It'll be interesting to see who they get from out-of-state this year.
Weird that I totally suspected this. Was she on orange when they won? Don't remember, but I was just thinking how an amazing athlete like her hasn't been a world champion the past couple years, and there are plenty of mediocre athletes that are. It really is a team sport.
It probably sucked even more to be in first day 1 and not even medal day 2 :( I was rooting for steel

@Kris I think you can just click on another button and it changes what you selected. If not....no worries. :)

Back