All-Star Anybody Else Dislike The ''cheerlebrity'' Phenomenon?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mclovin your daughter is awesome, as always! Such a beautifully pure voice!

Sooo does she wanna give me singing lessons? lol :D

Thank you!! But I think she needs some lessons herself first! haha ;)

Mclovin she is amazing! You've got yourself some very talented daughters, and should be very proud!

Thank you so much!! I am very proud of my girls. God has truly blessed them that's for sure. They wouldn't be anything without Him. :)

Here is my CP from the talent show today. For anyone who was interested :)

chills throughout the whole thing until she hit those HUGE powerful notes and then the tears came streaming down my face, and i am not an easy person to make cry! she is absolutely amazing. she has been given an amazing gift and i hope she continues to sing and make her dreams come true! now excuse me while i go watch this again :)

You guys are awesome! Thanks for the sweet compliments :) I'm gonna have her read all of them when I get home from work tonight.

ok, so i know i asked earlier who really does say 'follow me on twitter', and i can say i HAVE seen this. BUT, not to the extreme some have posted...it's simply 'follow me on twitter @adfjdfkfk'. not 'make me a cheerlebrity.

anyhow, been thinking about this. i think that those people who have achieved this status want it and have encouraged it. those that don't simply accept the praise and move on. having t-shirts, buttons, videos, fan pages etc., made with your name/image (except in recent case of top gun) is ridiculous. even if you're not the one that did it, you can easily say stop. why, i'll bet there's even laws that would help you make that person stop producing the items. JMO

Well, I know none of the people involved, although I've seen several people blogged about more than others on Tumblr. I do think this is an opportunity that should be used by ALL cheerleaders, All Star, Team, HS (JV or V), Middle school and recreational.

I am 45, there's a lot of people around me who HATE cheerleading, mainly because of the b*tch syndrome that happened while in High School in the 80's. The Cheerleaders being the top of the social order and being snobs, rude, mean, cruel for no reason (other than the enjoyment of watching their target cry) and so on. The typical image of "cheerleader" the world at large has.

I would hope that the Cheerlebrities could go out and act as not only role models for up and coming cheerleaders, but could also do their best to undo that damage. I've talked with my daughter and my spouse, and they cannot fathom my interest in cheer because of those girls who tortured me while I was in school. But I also know that is not the normal thing, it's becoming the exception.

It would be fantastic if the current "superstars", whether on a team, by themselves, promoting their team or what have you, would use that celebrity to say something like "don't bully and protect those who are being bullied" to those in their high school squads, and maybe we won't see such a spike of suicides. Maybe if they started doing that, and the coaches started supporting it through actions, and not politics, the administration would stop looking at "who you know" or "how much money can your family donate to the school" and start backing the coaches up.

There is so much potential for good here, IF USED THE RIGHT WAY. But there's also the potential for the same attitudes that got us here in the first place.

Latest posts

Back