Arched Back On A Robhs Tuck

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

newcheerdad

Best Speechmaker '12
Cheer Parent
Dec 29, 2010
My daughter's been told that she's arching her back too much on her robhs tuck. Why does this happen and is there anything that can be done to fix it?

She's probably throwing her head back instead of keeping it straight ahead while she sets. I don't have any tips to fix that, so if anyone can elaborate for me that'd be great...

Tell her to spot the wall ahead of her as she is setting and tucking and to keep staring there until she is staring at her knees. If she fixs throwing her head back, her tuck should be in the correct position unless she is doing something else.
Just make sure she sets as big as possible! That will help her get ready for harder skills later!

Sounds like she isn't understanding the concept of "setting" before she tucks. Drills, drills and more drills should help correct that. It takes some kids longer than others to grasp it.

I agree, drills over and over again! A good one she could do is get a panel mat or something and put it behind her. Then she can do hollow body jumps onto it to get the muscle memory of jumping while staying hollow/keeping her head straight.

Back