All-Star Atc Bellevue - Jan 29-31, 2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yes! It seemed much smaller this year with fewer exhibitors, too! Connect & React weren't there. Maybe there was a hip hop team Friday night?, but what happened to the Australian teams who used to attend? I don't blame that gym one bit for not returning...what a miserable flight that must be. I had thought The EPs had ownership in the Australian gyms but maybe it just didn't make financial sense?

I find things, cheer/life in general, are getting more expensive but quality sinks lower each year. Winners got a cheap-looking, white tee?

And please fix that hideous lighting!!!

Yeah, with Connect and React not there it was at least 20 less teams. Although Sonic and Eastside Elite added it to their schedule so it balances out a little.

Oh, I totally forgot about the Australian teams.... that makes the ATC logo for this comp completely irrelevant since it's the 3 countries flags. I always thought that was really clever and cool looking.

Even upgrading to the sweatshirt that Sea 2 Sky does would be better than a plain white T.

Yeah, with Connect and React not there it was at least 20 less teams. Although Sonic and Eastside Elite added it to their schedule so it balances out a little.

Oh, I totally forgot about the Australian teams.... that makes the ATC logo for this comp completely irrelevant since it's the 3 countries flags. I always thought that was really clever and cool looking.

Even upgrading to the sweatshirt that Sea 2 Sky does would be better than a plain white T.
At least the winners got something, it used to be only the level champions got those cardigans and the div winners got a "great job"
As for the logo, they still hold competitions in Australia. So even though they don't attend this event, it is still relevant. Although I find it a shame really, I miss watching them.

At least the winners got something, it used to be only the level champions got those cardigans and the div winners got a "great job"
As for the logo, they still hold competitions in Australia. So even though they don't attend this event, it is still relevant. Although I find it a shame really, I miss watching them.

Shows how much I know haha. I didn't realize they were that involved in Australia.

Shows how much I know haha. I didn't realize they were that involved in Australia.
Lol neither did I until I went to their website trying to stalk out a schedule!

We missed seeing you guys and React this year. Hope you guys did well wherever you were :)

I didn't even see Eastside Elite--do they have mostly lower level teams? It wasn't as fun w/o Connect & React, IMO! It seems to me if international teams aren't actually competing, they should rename it North American Championship. I'm just picking---y'all know I don't really care and it's not like it matters, lol (though I do wish they'd step up their t-shirt game). On to the next comp!

I didn't even see Eastside Elite--do they have mostly lower level teams? It wasn't as fun w/o Connect & React, IMO! It seems to me if international teams aren't actually competing, they should rename it North American Championship. I'm just picking---y'all know I don't really care and it's not like it matters, lol (though I do wish they'd step up their t-shirt game). On to the next comp!

I think they only have prep teams this year since they started over the summer and it's their first year. They have 2 or 3 teams? Not 100% sure though.

Pretty sure they had j1

That makes sense! Having a CP on a senior team now has really trimmed down my early morning comp watching. I love to see new gyms forming!

My guess is we will not be returning next year so it will get even smaller.
My coaches don't like the way they scored us and stuff and plus we just found out there was a scoring error and our J2 should have won...
I used to LOVE this comp but the quality just keeps getting worse... It seems smaller than Spirit Cheer now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@FierceIsTheName

No matter how I say this it's going to sound bitchy, but I promise that is not my intention....Do your coaches know that the score sheet has changed this year and that all teams are being scored differently than in the past? Nearly all of the comps around here (and anyone affiliated with Varsity) are using the same scoresheet, so I have a feeling your coaches may be repeatedly disappointed. I realize judging is still subjective and can change from comp to comp, but Varsity itself came out and said that many people across the industry were going to be unhappy with the new scoring this year if they weren't familiar with the new score sheet.

As far as the J2 goes, that's a bummer and your coaches should challenge it, if they still can.

(You know I love ya E!)

I'm curious...I really have no idea...did ATC adopt the Varsity scoresheet? I only ask because I've heard reference in the past (from ATC affiliated people) of an "ATC scoresheet." I have no idea if it is or ever has been a thing, just curious.

Answering my own question...they use this...http://www.allthingscheer.com/_pdf/ATC_2016-scoring-rubric.pdf

No idea if it's the same as the Varsity scoresheet. I personally don't pay much attention to that stuff...or any attention. A friend has said to me a couple of times that her daughter's team does better at ATC comps than they do at Varsity comps because their routines are made to score well on the ATC scoresheet. I have no clue if that's true or if it's just parent talk.

Looking at it VERY briefly, they look very similar. I suppose I could print them out and pick them apart...nah. Lol

In the past I have seen the scoring rubric looking very close to the varsity one. What gets the teams are the deductions. Last year day 1, cps team had 14 points in deductions for a stunt fall, tumbling bust and tumbling touch. It really just depends which deduction sheet they used this year.

Back