All-Star Atc Bellevue - Jan 29-31, 2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Does anyone know the bid declaration for this comp? Also can teams from Canada get bids at this comp?

Thanks for the info. Are bids being distributed based off highest scores?

Kinda... but not really. You can have the highest score and win your division, but if you perform poorly in the "fierce 4" (round 3) you can walk away with an at large bid. (Yes I have seen this happen in the past)

2016 International Championship: Worlds Declaration & Worlds Bid requirements:

Paid Bid eligibility: ATC has set up regional and national requirements for those

programs that are competing for our Worlds bids. In order to be on any of our six world's

bids you must qualify under one of the following requirements :

Eligible for ALL BIDS (2 paid, 4 at large) .

Northwest Regional Teams: Northwest regional teams are from the Northwest Region.

Northwest region is defined as: Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington.

●Northwest Region teams must bring a minimum of 75% of their program to the

International Championship.

● Must stay in an ATC International Championship host hotel during the

competition weekend.

Eligible for THREE BIDS (1 paid and 2 At Large) .

Out of region are teams coming from outside the states of: Alaska, Idaho, Montana,

Oregon, Washington for World’s bids.

Out of region team must do one of the following:

● Attend any ATC Family regional event any where with up to 12 teams or a 100%

gym participation.

● Out of region gyms that do not have a COTS event within 500 miles must bring a

minimum of 2 teams.

●Must stay in an ATC International Championship host hotel during the

competition weekend.

Worlds Bid Declaration:

Bids awarded: This year All Things Cheer (ATC) will be giving out 2 “Full Paid” and 4

“At Large” bids. ATC will be awarding the four most consistent, highest scoring teams

throughout the entire competition, with entry to the Fierce Four. In the Fierce Four (the

final round of competition), the top four teams will face off for the “Full Paid” and “At

Large” Bids.

Bid Divisions: ATC bids are open to all USASF bid eligible teams. See “paid bid

eligibility”. Gyms must also be in good standing with the USASF and the Event

Producer.

Scores: Scores will be “ 25% day one and 75% day two”

Bid Competition style:

There will be a total of three competitive rounds. The first two rounds of competition will

be the qualifying rounds. These are for all Level 5 and Level 6 teams. Once on

Saturday and twice on Sunday. At the end of the first two rounds, the top scoring BID

ELIGIBLE teams will advance to a third and final round. The top four teams together will

create the ATC Fierce Four!

The Fierce Four round will be announced after round two and during an awards

ceremony on Sunday. Once the Fierce Four is announced at awards, the qualifying

teams will be placed into remaining time slots on Sunday’s schedule.

● Round One: will be held Saturday evening.

● Round Two: will be held Sunday afternoon.

● Round Three: will be held Sunday night just before the final awards ceremony.

The winners (top 2 teams) of the Fierce Four will take home the two “Full Paid” and third

through sixth place will take the “At Large” bids. Not all bid winning teams (2 at large

teams) will make the Fierce Four. Once a team enters the fierce four all previous scores

are erased.

Kinda... but not really. You can have the highest score and win your division, but if you perform poorly in the "fierce 4" (round 3) you can walk away with an at large bid. (Yes I have seen this happen in the past)
This is where I absolutely HATE the "fierce four" and I don't even have a kid on a world's team. These athletes are exhausted after putting their blood, sweat, and tears on the floor, and then they have to turn around and perform again within an hour. I seriously cringe and pray that no one gets seriously injured.

This is where I absolutely HATE the "fierce four" and I don't even have a kid on a world's team. These athletes are exhausted after putting their blood, sweat, and tears on the floor, and then they have to turn around and perform again within an hour. I seriously cringe and pray that no one gets seriously injured.
Remember the year it was literally
Minutes!

4 teams can qualify for 2 paid bids? That's insane. And 8 can get 4 at large bids. I don't understand why there are 2 paid bids. There's hardly any competition.

4 teams can qualify for 2 paid bids? That's insane. And 8 can get 4 at large bids. I don't understand why there are 2 paid bids. There's hardly any competition.
Because its based off total number of teams in attendance (from the previous year) not just the number of Worlds teams.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Because its based off total number of teams in attendance (from the previous year) not just the number of Worlds teams.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
I know but to have a 50:50 chance of a bid seems crazy. There were way more Worlds teams last year.

Yep and that's the year a certain program had the highest score of the ENTIRE event (by 20ish points) and didn't earn the full paid because they had to perform twice in less than 20 minutes and had a fall. It was absolutely insane.

There were serious injuries that year, too. It was awful!

(Sorry for the double post!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back