All-Star Bangkok Winning

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Didn't US teams got called on illegal elements in semi-finals? That's why they didn't advanced to finals?

I'm not sure what you're asking? GymTyme didn't make finals, is that who you're talking about?

I'm not sure what you're asking? GymTyme didn't make finals, is that who you're talking about?
Yes, I saw a Instagram picture that stated that they should've made finals without legality issues. It's deleted now so I was wondering if it was true.

Yes, I saw a Instagram picture that stated that they should've made finals without legality issues. It's deleted now so I was wondering if it was true.

I know they had some drops. I didn't see a score breakdown for semi-finals. They competed the same routine in prelims, so I'd be surprised.

Kind of a RUDE comment and not to be forgotten by me Lesia as I am one of your clients and am a little surprised at how you are coming at my comment with such nastiness (ignorant?? ). I am not sure you read my original thoughts on the first place finish by Bangkok.
They clearly did not have the required skills in the other portions of the score sheets (as dictated by the USASF scoresheet) except in the pyramid/stunting sections (and their baskets and partner stunts were weak compared to other teams).
I do not CARE if other teams outside of our country compete in the same division. I care that some countries are rewarded for their efforts if they did not EARN them. And this thread is about Bangkok (BUT GOOD FOR CANADA! Congratulations - even though I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT CANADA).
Bangkok; A win I personally did not agree with but that is only my opinion.
Tell me. Did YOU think that Bangkok beat the other USA teams in their division fairly? Did you see the breakdown of scores? I did. Something is not right. But you go right on calling out people who at least read a full post before responding to it.

I DO think that Bangkok deserves the IOC6 title. Level 6 is about the classic collegiate style that cheer used to be... INSANE PYRAMIDS! (I have not forgotten about the suspension drops from 3 high pyramids! OR the back tuck dismounts to the floor!)!

Bangkok made their country proud. We need to spend less time worrying about how Worlds is scored and spend more time just enjoying our sport and our industry.

...and I'm out!

I DO think that Bangkok deserves the IOC6 title. Level 6 is about the classic collegiate style that cheer used to be... INSANE PYRAMIDS! (I have not forgotten about the suspension drops from 3 high pyramids! OR the back tuck dismounts to the floor!)!

Bangkok made their country proud. We need to spend less time worrying about how Worlds is scored and spend more time just enjoying our sport and our industry.

...and I'm out!
There's a lot more to that scoresheet than pyramids and there's no way that Bangkok's pyramids made up for the lack of difficulty in the other areas. If you think differently, than we must be watching different routines. Not to mention the possible illegal elements that were in the routine that were not deducted.

There's a lot more to that scoresheet than pyramids and there's no way that Bangkok's pyramids made up for the lack of difficulty in the other areas. Not to mention the possible illegal elements that were in the routine that were not deducted.

Like I said, we need to spend less time worrying about how Worlds is scored and just enjoy it!

I don't think some people on this thread understand that if an American or Canadian or British or Pakistani team had the same inconsistent scores that Bangkok did (refer to this post earlier this thread) we'd be equally as angry.

We're not mad because it's a team from Thailand who won Worlds. We're mad because they showed clear skill deficiencies compared to other teams and did not execute skills as well, and the scores do not reflect those differences.

Like I said, we need to spend less time worrying about how Worlds is scored and just enjoy it!

It's freaking worlds. Who gets the globes matters. Maybe you don't care about level 6 outside of "cool pyramids!" but it's a real division with real competitors. Not just an exhibition. If you just want to enjoy the sport, you don't go to worlds.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Last edited:
I don't think some people on this thread understand that if an American or Canadian or British or Pakistani team had the same inconsistent scores that Bangkok did (refer to this post earlier this thread) we'd be equally as angry.

We're not mad because it's a team from Thailand who won Worlds. We're mad because they showed clear skill deficiencies compared to other teams and did not execute skills as well, and the scores do not reflect those differences.

If you're referencing me... I am not saying any of that! I am saying Bangkok excels at the classic Level 6 cheer style! Let us stop worrying about how they scored, how they should've scored, how they shouldn't have scored, etc. and just be happy for them that they took the World home!

They didn't win ICU Worlds because Team USA Premier had the pyramids AND other elements that fill up the score sheet!

Come again? You realize it's a competition...with scores...as in the point is competing on a scoresheet...it's not the cirque de soleil where people just come to watch a show.

It's freaking worlds. Who gets the globes matter. Maybe no one else cares about level 6 outside of "cool pyramids!" but it's a real division with real competitors. Not just an exhibition. If you just want to enjoy the sport, you don't go to worlds.

Can you go back in time and change the scoresheet from two weeks ago? NOPE.

Yes, the 50 weeks leading up to Worlds matters!!!
However the week after Worlds... there is nothing we can do about, so just ENJOY IT!

If you're referencing me... I am not saying any of that! I am saying Bangkok excels at the classic Level 6 cheer style! Let us stop worrying about how they scored, how they should've scored, how they shouldn't have scored, etc. and just be happy for them that they took the World home!

They didn't win ICU Worlds because Team USA Premier had the pyramids AND other elements that fill up the score sheet!
then why have scoresheets?.....
safe to say I will be in the majority that will wholeheartedly disagree with you!

I'm not sure when you became the expert on what exactly the "classic level 6 cheer style is."

But I've been a level 6 athlete for 7 years and I can tell you it's more than just pyramids.

Can you go back in time and change the scoresheet from two weeks ago? NOPE.

Yes, the 50 weeks leading up to Worlds matters!!!
However the week after Worlds... there is nothing we can do about, so just ENJOY IT!

Can we change the results? No. But we can make a stink about it so that USASF doesn't pull this crap in the future.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back