All-Star I Hope You Lose - Nca & Nda All-star Nationals

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

You stole my term I saw! ASCheerMan - A snow plow parent is a parent that "plows" all the obstacles out of the way of their child/ren so they have an easier, clearer path in life. Perfect name, huh? I. Love. It.
I love that term.
Gonna add that term to my repertoire of sarcastic come backs.

I love "I Hope You Lose", It makes me look back at my days of cheering and how much harder I worked during tough seasons. It also makes me take a look at my teams this year, I have a team who just got their first taste of losing a couple of weeks ago and after slacking for a few weeks before they seem to be kicking it back up(most of them anyways:rolleyes:) that loss really helped them to see that hard work has to go into it not just going through the skills. Sometimes you have to lose to become better and I think that's something a lot of people forget. Glad to see this back in circulation!

I agree. And I don't expect the athletes to get it. They obviously aren't going to have as much foresight. But I am shocked when coaches don't see the bigger picture. I really, really appreciate the coach I had in all stars when I was in HS. He made me very aware that the benefits of competing would be much longer lasting than the trophy.
ASCheerMan thanks for posting sharing with my older daughter who had this experience this last weekend. I have read it before but wanted her to see it. I have never seen a team so happy with 8th place because while they would have happily and gratefully taken a win they worked so hard and became so much more than the place they earned this last weekend and the kids, parents, coaches, and gym felt it - who knew it could feel so good coming in 8th? Before getting on just had a talk with my younger daughter whose team is coming to Dallas and she is a little too young to get it all yet - have a feeling she will start to understand it after this weekend and may share it with her then - right now the journey and potential is all she can handle. Thanks for posting :)

I will tell you that I agree completely. My mother was dirt poor when I was growing up. I didn't get a car, I had to babysit my little brother constantly, and I had to get a job as soon as I was 16. I'm VERY GLAD I had to learn how to cope under those circumstances as it played a huge role in shaping who I am today.

The fact that, as a teenager, I had stay home on a Friday night to tend to family obligations isn't nearly as devastating as I thought it was back then.

But, in your mother's wisdom, she created two identical of you, so you only had to work half as hard!

:D

CP's Y2 is coming to Dallas.

Is there some kind of Fierceboard section or signal? CP was up in the stands at Encore Tampa this weekend texting me saying, Mom, look up in the stands, I'm flashing my phone at you. I text back, I know where you are, I don't need to look. No, look, I'm flashing my phone. I look, I can spot her and her phone. I ask her later if she used an app, she said "No, I was just flipping my phone back and forth." And that's what I get I guess for letting her have a phone.

Sigh, reading this is making me nostalgic and kinda blue that my cp is now in college and no longer cheering. Regardless of placement, I hope when your teams or your children's teams leave the floor they feel great because they know they've done their best.

Back