All-Star Best Facilities?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It amazes me how many of these programs do not list air conditioning. I can't imagine cheering without AC
I can't imagine cheering with AC!
Our first gym had all the kids brainwashed to believe that AC was the devil's handiwork and that all it did was cool down already warmed up muscles. AC was for cheer sissies! Of course, when it was too hot they had no problem cancelling practice and calling it a beach day....:confused:
While I do not think they should have the AC blasting during practice, it sure is nice to have the option of turning on the AC to cool down the place so that there can actually be practice.

We don't blast it during practice, but we let the building cool off some beforehand so it's not sweltering and then turn the power down during practices. Our gym is a lot of people in a smaller space so without AC it would get miserable

My gym is 6,000 sq ft with full ac and our bill hasn't been that bad this summer. It's about $900/month if we operate all day every day and $300/month if we operate in the evenings and a little on the weekends. Totally worth it in my opinion!

well beat this we have 4 dead matts and one tumble track

OH, OH pick me! Try this! One gym ( like, with gym floors), panel mats 45 x 45, which have to be divided so 2 teams can practice at a time, tumbling tools ( octagon/ pac man, etc) and 7 teams practice out of this gym 3 days a week. Our girls learn how to tumble and jump without springs, and let me tell you what, their skills on springs are FIERCE.
But I wont lie, I would kill for even a tumble track:( #smallgyminsuranceproblems

Don't feel like you have to answer, but how much does this cost? Even if we had the option of AC in the gym, it's so big that it would probably cost and arm and a leg.

I don't have an answer to that right now but I can get one. We have two industrial units though. One is slightly smaller and it's the support unit. We have a third regular size unit for the office and dance areas. I know it's not cheap, especially since we run ours daily here (even in the "winter" it's hot) but its a necessity.

I don't have an answer to that right now but I can get one. We have two industrial units though. One is slightly smaller and it's the support unit. We have a third regular size unit for the office and dance areas. I know it's not cheap, especially since we run ours daily here (even in the "winter" it's hot) but its a necessity.

The necessity also depends a lot on what part of the country you're in. Most houses in the Northeast don't have AC (so many of our houses are 100+ years old), plus it's only really über hot for a few weeks of the summer. My gym doesn't have AC, but it's not unbearable most of the time.

You're in Louisiana right? That's a whole different story. Jersey is probably worse than New England, but still not anywhere near as bad as the South.

Back