All-Star Best Facilities?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I would give my left arm for them to be on a blue competition mat at least once before the day of the first competition. We were trying to explain what it will look like to girls who have never stepped foot on one before and they so weren't getting it. Our 42x42 outline was as close as they were getting. I'm definitely grateful I had that luxury growing up and grateful they have a cafeteria with high ceilings and 2 gyms so we always have somewhere to go. I told her today "Gee, I always imagined us coaching in some rich town where we had like 3 maybe 4 full competition floors for our team.."

For my middle-school-aged rec team, I have to coach on a baseball field (HAHAHAHA sigh) so I put BIG orange cones for the corners of the 42x42 "mat" and smaller orange cones at the front spaced 6 feet apart to help them visualize where the lines between the panels will be on the floor. It really helps with spacing.

My gym:
- Competition sized spring floor
- A couple of dead mats
- Spare Tumble mats
Bathrooms (duh)
There's also a bunch of chairs for the parents to sit on
The desk at the front
The stereo where we play our music when running the routine

So I learned this week that my gym is expanding!! While we won't have the biggest cheer area, I believe we may be having the largest facility that has all star cheerleading in it. We already have 31000 sq ft and are adding ~19000

We will have

3 full size cheer spring floors
Full size hard floor
1 full size gymnastics floor
Around 7 tumble tramps (4 in cheer gym, 1 in preschool, 2 in gymnastics gym)
3 rod floors (one is a competition setup)
2 Aussie bed competition tramps in deck
1 huge pit in cheer gym that will include Resi pits that are flush to the floor and loose foam puts that two floors, 2 tumble tramps, and 2 rod floors will dismount into.
1 existing pit in gynnastics gym
A double mini
Two inground tramps (already there)
A huge themed preschool and sports fitness area (possibly with strips of AstroTurf and bball floor)
Competition grade boys and girls gym equipment is already there (we have a pit bar also) will be adding another set of uneven bars
We have a heated outdoor pool
Adding a playground

We have 3 dance rooms with harlequin stage floors (not quite sure what that means lol but I think it's good) and we are building a preschool/handicap accessible one in what is the old cheer area(others are upstairs)

We have 3 birthday party rooms and adding at least one more. We are remodeling the office and proshop which will increase space and add a meeting room.

This will be a major upgrade since we had ten teams this year on one full sized cheer floor and one 8 strip floor (plus the gymnastics floor for tumbling) and well be adding at least one squad (i5) and hopefully even more squads with a good tryout turnout.
Can you tell I'm excited?

I'm astounded by some of these facilities. Within an hour drive of me, there is only one all star gym. Its facilities include a 7 panel spring floor (two sides of which are flush with walls) and a small tumble track. That's it. There is a huge demand for all star cheer here, but no facilities.

We have just had our full size cheer sprung floor fitted today!!!!! Whoop whoop!!!! I'm so excited to get the girls training on it tomorrow. This isn't a great pic as my phone doesn't have the best camera, I'm just so excited :D
2dqvsq9.jpg

ETA: Does anyone know how many clubs in the UK have a competition size floor. I'm not bragging I just got asked by the newspaper who are doing a follow up article on us getting the grant. I know a lot of clubs have a gymnastic size, but how many have a cheer size???

I wouldn't consider our the "best" but this is the thread that it is most accepted...

We opened our new gym today!

Facebook

Can you post a picture or two? My life sucks and I had to deactivate facebook for a month while sorority rush is going on.

I just typed all that before clicking and realizing I can view it without logging in. I'm lazy. And stupid. Carry on.

I wouldn't consider our the "best" but this is the thread that it is most accepted...

We opened our new gym today!

Facebook
Love those wall colors! Using the gym colors is so much cooler than just keeping them white :)

ETA: And the logo painted on the wall...LOVE!

ETA2: the one smaller logo (just the j with the star) is sparkly....I think I need my name like that in my room.

Can you post a picture or two? My life sucks and I had to deactivate facebook for a month while sorority rush is going on.

I just typed all that before clicking and realizing I can view it without logging in. I'm lazy. And stupid. Carry on.
I'll post some anyway haha I was going to post them all but then I was like there's no way that's gonna work

Back