All-Star Cali Aces Jamz Incident

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The tumbling in groups between each other back and forth scares the crap out of me. Granted the "fanciest" running tumbling my CP can do right now is a RO.. and I have virtually zero first hand exposure to anything above level 2.. But another question..

As long as I've watched these videos I have always wondered.. Is it generally a given that these athletes will throw these skills in a straight line? When I watch these advanced teams throw these synchro tumble ROBHS blah blah full etc etc with some going one way diagonally and some going the other..

1) How often do they drift?
2) When YOU are the tumbler.. Are you aware of your surroundings and can you act to change your trajectory or are you SOL?
3) Can they do that pass through tumbling at any level or is it only allowed at the upper levels? I would read the rules myself but some of them I don't quite understand yet.

Before I was on fb I thought it would be cool if CP were to make a level 5 team someday. Now between all the broken bones from falling out of stunts or tumbling and torn ACLs from doing fulls etc.. I'm just not so sure. Is it almost a given that if you stick to this you're going to break at some point?
1. Sometimes you will go crooked, but the coaches will not put you in a syncro tumbling formation if you are a danger to the other athletes. 2. Honestly, when I tumble, I can only see a blur. If somebody is behind me, I only notice whenever my coaches scream, "STOP!!!". And you cannot change your directory once you have started tumbling that way, so you're pretty much SOL. 3. I'm not positive, but I think the in between tumbling is allowed in almost any level. It's the skills that vary between levels. ;) About the bottom paragraph; don't be worried about your CP making a level 5 squad. Her coaches will take proper safety precautions to make sure she is safe. Given, your CP is likely to get some sort of injury from Allstar Cheer, whether it be just popping joints or broken bones. My gym has all of the athletes sign a contract stating this. I hope your CP has an awesome season! :)

Today at Gssa in San Jose a girl on my gyms senior 5 got hurt, was on the ground and wouldn't get up so the music was immediately stopped, which is definitely the right thing to do and needs to be an industry standard

BOOKMARK IT, BABY... cause it's happening. The "USASF"(and I just did airquotes at my desk) is meeting on this now.

This is just heads up to anyone following this thread to check out the USASF Routine Interruption thread under 'all star Cheerleading' forums. It describes the new policy being implemented by the USASF. This policy was created almost as a direct result of the November injuries discussed in this thread.

Back