All-Star Cali Sm Sr Nca Legality?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So my question is those power bands. They sell them at a comp. They help you hit your skills. But you can't wear then to compete. If you need them to hit then you have to 'cheat' and hide and wear them on the floor. Discuss.

So my question is those power bands. They sell them at a comp. They help you hit your skills. But you can't wear then to compete. If you need them to hit then you have to 'cheat' and hide and wear them on the floor. Discuss.

Yeah, my flyer did it for school. She bought a size larger than what she wore so it would fit on her forearm and be covered up.

maddie wears two on her ankles under her socks. she also wears 3 of them under her sleeves on each of her forearms. powerbands are a must
rolleyes.png

This is why sleeves exist! All these teams that are using as little fabric as possible will have issues hiding stuff!

Do power bands actually work though? And if it takes Maddie 5 to be the flyer she is then my girls need about 12!

I actually got into an argument with the people trying to sell them at a comp last month because they tried to tell me it was ok for us to wear them if we just pushed them up our arms or put them in our shoes, as long as they weren't visible. Making a long story short a safety judge told them they were not allowed to tell athletes that they could wear them while competing lol

& in the case of Cali Sm Sr it was a thread anklet, the kind that you tie on. It was tucked into her sock and part of it was exposed after they walked off the floor and one of the NCA staff stopped her while she was already crying and pointed it out and told us we would be getting a deduction for it. Needless to say it was enraging after the team already suffered a drop.

I understand metal jewelry being a deduction, but a hairtie and a piece of thread tied around your ankle? How is that a safety issue? If you can't have thread tied around your ankle then they might as well say that you also can't wear shoe strings.

Or giant metal knee braces, or lace up ankle braces. lol

I understand metal jewelry being a deduction, but a hairtie and a piece of thread tied around your ankle? How is that a safety issue? If you can't have thread tied around your ankle then they might as well say that you also can't wear shoe strings.

Wearing a bow is riskier than a hair tie on your wrist. It's just silly. I understand the reason for "no exceptions" but...still.

This situation just makes me wonder "what if". What if they had hit and would have won but the safety deduction bumped them to second...I would probably have had a stroke right there on the floor lol

Wearing a bow is riskier than a hair tie on your wrist. It's just silly. I understand the reason for "no exceptions" but...still.

Or giant metal knee braces, or lace up ankle braces. lol

Exactly. I would think getting hit with a knee brace would hurt me a lot more then someones hairtie rubbing against my arm.

And don't most bows have metal wire that holds it together? I know the ones I have and make do.

Exactly. I would think getting hit with a knee brace would hurt me a lot more then someones hairtie rubbing against my arm.

And don't most bows have metal wire that holds it together? I know the ones I have and make do.

Next thing you know there will be no underwire bras allowed. If a wire comes loose in one of those babies, you could take an eye out.

Pretty sure metal-wired bows are illegal at all competitions...

Back