All-Star Camp Woodward 2011

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yea, the biggest hint I could give is to *NOT* bring a trunk, although the literature suggests it. There is no place to store a big trunk, and they dont fit in the cubbies. The best thing I've discovered after sending my cp for several years is to bring plastic "drawers" and bins to store clothes and stuff in your cubbies. It is so much more efficient than pulling out a suitcase each time they want to change. I'm posting a pic of what my cps cubby looked like with this setup, and it was a huge success. Here are the dimesions of the plastic drawers and bins. (I actually got these at the Dollar General store, right off Rt 45 in Centre Hall, about 25 mins from Woodward) But they have them ANYWHERE! They were sterilite brand and worked absolutely perfectly. I am actually gonna just pack her stuff in these for the trip there, will make moving in a SNAP! But if you dont, I would recommend unpacking suitcase into bins and taking the suitcase back home with you, there is not really lots of places to store them, plus they dont need it with a drawer and bin setup. After camp, I find good uses for these storage drawers and bins at home!

Here are the actual measurements:

Drawers:
Large Drawers: Total (3) Size: 12 inches wide (L to R); 7 3/4 inches tall (top to bottom) 16 inches deep (front lip to back)
Small Drawer: Total (1) Size: 8 3/4 inches wide, 6 inches tall, 12 1/2 inches deep

Bins: (I stacked these on top of the drawers)
Large Bins: Total (3) Size: 10 1/2 inches wide, 5 inches tall, 13 1/2 inches deep
Small Bins: Total (2) (I stacked one on top of the other) Size: 7 3/4 inches wide, 4 1/2 inches tall, 11 inches deep

Picture:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hope this helps everyone!

That's actually a really good idea! I never thought of that. I want the ones that actually close though so earwigs don't get in there. But I'm probably gonna use that this year. I wish I would have known about this last year cause I hated when I had to unzip my suitcase to get something out. Luckily the bottom bunk of my bed was empty so I just stored my suitcase on there.

That's actually a really good idea! I never thought of that. I want the ones that actually close though so earwigs don't get in there. But I'm probably gonna use that this year. I wish I would have known about this last year cause I hated when I had to unzip my suitcase to get something out. Luckily the bottom bunk of my bed was empty so I just stored my suitcase on there.

Yep, the earwigs can be problematic. My cp went in June for two weeks last year, I worked one of the weeks so I got an appreciation of the earwigs first hand. In our cabin, we only saw a few and they were usually in the bathroom. If you keep all of your stuff dry, wet towels off the floor, you're pretty good to go. In two weeks, she never had one earwig in her cubby. Notice also she picked the top cubby...(that was purposeful!) :)

You could get the smaller drawers like the one on the right (which close completely) and put them on top of the big ones. instead of the open bins. We just couldn't fit two big drawers on top of each other in that space! Good Luck! :)

Yep, the earwigs can be problematic. My cp went in June for two weeks last year, I worked one of the weeks so I got an appreciation of the earwigs first hand. In our cabin, we only saw a few and they were usually in the bathroom. If you keep all of your stuff dry, wet towels off the floor, you're pretty good to go. In two weeks, she never had one earwig in her cubby. Notice also she picked the top cubby...(that was purposeful!) :)

You could get the smaller drawers like the one on the right (which close completely) and put them on top of the big ones. instead of the open bins. We just couldn't fit two big drawers on top of each other in that space! Good Luck! :)

What do the counselors rooms look like? This will be my first year being one.

ive heard so much about the earwigs in the cabins... but when i went last summer there were absolutely no bugs in the cabin

oops I realized that the BLUE BINS in my picture are different sizes. Let me repost the measurements:

Large blue bins (2 of them): 13 inches wide (L to R), 6 inches tall (top to bottom), 15 3/4 inches deep (front to back)
Medium blue bin (1 of them): 10 1/2 inches wide, 5 inches tall, 13 1/2 inches deep
Small stacked (green ones 2 of them): (2) 7 3/4 inches wide, 4 1/2 inches tall, 11 inches deep

I am flying in from Missouri so do you know of anyway I could get these drawers there?

is there anything I should remember to bring lots of or just any "hints" or helpful things that anybody knows of
Plan your outfits before you go. That way you don't over pack or underpack. You'll need tumbling clothes for everyday you're there (even the day you arrive). And don't bring too many normal clothes like jeans and nice shirts. The last day there (i think) was the day there was a party and that was the only day that I wore normal clothes. It's easiest and comfiest to stay in your tumbling clothes all day, especially if you plan on going to the 2 open gyms in the afternoon and evening.

For showering, I would bring a big plastic shower caddy to store your toiletries in. Last year I never showered in my cabin because it was easier to go up to the pool showers and I just brought that with me into the shower since everything could get wet that was in it. Make sure you bring enough towels for yourself for the pool and for showers. You can hang them up to dry outside your cabin everday along with your bathing suit.

Do bring a sweatshirt because last year I went week 4 and when the sun went behind the clouds and the wind blew it did get chilly outside. Also, make sure you bring enough money. Since I signed up early last year I got $50 to my bank accountant. Then I brought $150 more. That was more than enough money. You obviously get all your money back at the end of the week. I ate in the canteen a lot, but there's also the free breakfast, lunch and dinner at the cafeteria during the allotted times.

This is all I can think of off the top of my head. Hope this helps! :)

Plan your outfits before you go. That way you don't over pack or underpack. You'll need tumbling clothes for everyday you're there (even the day you arrive). And don't bring too many normal clothes like jeans and nice shirts. The last day there (i think) was the day there was a party and that was the only day that I wore normal clothes. It's easiest and comfiest to stay in your tumbling clothes all day, especially if you plan on going to the 2 open gyms in the afternoon and evening.

For showering, I would bring a big plastic shower caddy to store your toiletries in. Last year I never showered in my cabin because it was easier to go up to the pool showers and I just brought that with me into the shower since everything could get wet that was in it. Make sure you bring enough towels for yourself for the pool and for showers. You can hang them up to dry outside your cabin everday along with your bathing suit.

Do bring a sweatshirt because last year I went week 4 and when the sun went behind the clouds and the wind blew it did get chilly outside. Also, make sure you bring enough money. Since I signed up early last year I got $50 to my bank accountant. Then I brought $150 more. That was more than enough money. You obviously get all your money back at the end of the week. I ate in the canteen a lot, but there's also the free breakfast, lunch and dinner at the cafeteria during the allotted times.

This is all I can think of off the top of my head. Hope this helps! :)

great advice!!! the only thing i have to say is that for some people they might not wear all that much regular clothes but in my own experience i did use a lot of jean shorts and cute tops. I felt nice to get out of my tumbling clothes at night after a long day in them sweating and working hard!

I saw on the woodward facebook some photos of some of the workout gear being sold at camp this year, done by GK I think?
Just wondering if it sells out fast, (Im going 10,11 &12 so would there still be stuff left?) and roughly how much they normally cost?

Also, do many people trade shirts/bows there? Id love to trade stuff, but I was just wondering if many other people do there?

Oh, and also make sure you bring T-Shirts because they don't let you tumble in just sports bras unless it is really hot. Week 5 of last year they let you because if I remember that was the week where it was 100 degrees almost like everyday.

Back