All-Star Changing Levels Towards The End Of A Season.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I agree. I would be fine with them keeping the current D1 crossover rules for D2 (no more than 2 teams, no more than one level up or down), then making D1 just like NCA rules. Same level, no more than 5 per team, still max 2 teams. And Worlds crossovers only to J5 for D1, but keeping current rules for D2. I believe the only difference between the 2 right now is that D1 you can only go up or down one level, where there's no limit for D2.

PS: Are there gyms that put athletes on 5 teams? The max is 3 at one comp, but I guess they could schedule different teams to go to different ones, but that seems insanely complicated.
Right now for the D2 Summit they can only compete on 2 teams maximum. Unfortunately I'm not 100% sold that the level rule would work for true D2 gyms. There seems to be quite a few gyms that don't have all levels...for example they may have a J2 and a Sr4 with a couple crossovers between the teams. If both teams gets bids which team loses their teammates? The crossover issue is another great debate that seems to be more prevalent to D2 gyms. I know our gym does not go to NCA because of the crossover rules

Right now for the D2 Summit they can only compete on 2 teams maximum. Unfortunately I'm not 100% sold that the level rule would work for true D2 gyms. There seems to be quite a few gyms that don't have all levels...for example they may have a J2 and a Sr4 with a couple crossovers between the teams. If both teams gets bids which team loses their teammates? The crossover issue is another great debate that seems to be more prevalent to D2 gyms. I know our gym does not go to NCA because of the crossover rules
Right, I think that's what I said (or at least tried to say lol). I get that it's a struggle for D2 gyms to field teams without a lot of crossovers, but I feel like a prestigious comp like Summit should have tighter rules. This is why I love NCA and why it is so highly regarded in the cheer world. Maybe limiting it to 2 levels up or down instead of one for D2? I don't love level 4 to 2 crossovers, but it would be great if they eliminated potential level 4 to 1, or 5 to 2 crossovers.

In my dream world, every comp would have NCA's rules, but I know that's never gonna happen.

Right, I think that's what I said (or at least tried to say lol). I get that it's a struggle for D2 gyms to field teams without a lot of crossovers, but I feel like a prestigious comp like Summit should have tighter rules. This is why I love NCA and why it is so highly regarded in the cheer world. Maybe limiting it to 2 levels up or down instead of one for D2? I don't love level 4 to 2 crossovers, but it would be great if they eliminated potential level 4 to 1, or 5 to 2 crossovers.

In my dream world, every comp would have NCA's rules, but I know that's never gonna happen.
LOL I do think the Summit is trying to tighten the rules a bit :) I know its hard when you get a bunch of backlash from owners. I also agree that for D2 a 2 level gap should be the most that is aloud. I know at our gym the 2 that cross between lvl2 and lvl4 one doesn't tumble lvl4 at all but is a talented flyer and the other is at the lower end of tumbling but is an awesome base/backspot...both are JR age but are filling spots needed on both teams......I guess it really depends on the situation...obviously since this applies to my CP's gym I am going to see the merit in it LOL

Theres a program in a neighboring state from me .. who is slaying in the level 2 division this year! But when you go on their IG/FB you see these same level 2 girls throwing ROBHS Tucks on concrete ...Also not to mention .. you can see these same girls on their Level 5R team as well as level 1..

Theres a program in a neighboring state from me .. who is slaying in the level 2 division this year! But when you go on their IG/FB you see these same level 2 girls throwing ROBHS Tucks on concrete ...Also not to mention .. you can see these same girls on their Level 5R team as well as level 1..
I will never understand why a coach, kids, parents would compete level 1 and be proud to win level 1 when they also compete level 5..........

I will never understand why a coach, kids, parents would compete level 1 and be proud to win level 1 when they also compete level 5..........

Right ... and if you are a level 5 athlete competing levels lower that fine.. be that level! If your going to be a level 2, be a level 2. Don't show off your level 2 team working on level 4/5 skills..... smh.

My time in the senior divisions was limited; I asked to cross over to as many teams as possible to get the most performance before I aged out (3 seasons). I was just as proud of my level two winning as my level four or five. It also helped me actively work on my lower level skills, something that a lot of level five athletes still struggle to do. Yes, there are plenty of people who can throw double ups but can’t do a back walkover. For kids having fun, the level really doesn’t matter if they love performing.

My time in the senior divisions was limited; I asked to cross over to as many teams as possible to get the most performance before I aged out (3 seasons). I was just as proud of my level two winning as my level four or five. It also helped me actively work on my lower level skills, something that a lot of level five athletes still struggle to do. Yes, there are plenty of people who can throw double ups but can’t do a back walkover. For kids having fun, the level really doesn’t matter if they love performing.
I am talking about most or all of a team doing both level 1/2 and 5.....

I

I wonder if the program you are referring to is the same one I follow on IG. I noticed it was the same athletes from the level 4/5 team who are now on the level 1 and level 2 teams. Did the team you are referring to recently get a paid level 2 summit bid?

Back