All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm just going to insert a little prayer that the next location is south of Seattle. *pray*

...eta: but north of Olympia lol! I realize that California qualifies as south of Seattle.

@BlueCat With regards to former/current athletes who go on to coach and be a member of CA staff, how does this process work? Would you ask them or do they approach you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@BlueCat With regards to former/current athletes who go on to coach and be a member of CA staff, how does this process work? Would you ask them or do they approach you?

Generally, they express an interest in coaching/teaching/other and then we take it from there. I would guess over half of our coaches were on CA teams at some point in their careers.

Bluecat, if I recall correct you had near record numbers of kids tryout. From the sounds of it another gym in TX may have had the same good fortune and reportedly turned away about 100 kids.

Hypothetically, if this gym were near a CA location, since your teams are already formed would you consider taking on such a large crew and trying to make room for those kids on the existing teams?

**And we thought Fierce Board brought out the crazies**
And what gym did this? That's a lot of kids

Never mind. Misread the post. Need more coffee

You didn't answer my question on what gym did this. If you are thinking it is my daughters gym because you love to stir up drama then you couldn't be more wrong.

(^^^ the post in quotes was obviously not the post I quoted- u changed it fast)

Bluecat, if I recall correct you had near record numbers of kids tryout. From the sounds of it another gym in TX may have had the same good fortune and reportedly turned away about 100 kids.

Hypothetically, if this gym were near a CA location, since your teams are already formed would you consider taking on such a large crew and trying to make room for those kids on the existing teams?

Each of our 4 gyms had their highest-ever tryout numbers by a good margin. Consequently, we have more athletes on teams at each facility than ever before. I believe this was our biggest single-year jump in total team enrollment despite not adding a gym this season.

We always TRY to make it work when someone (or several someones) join mid-season. Usually, we can find a spot for new athletes. However, our options are somewhat limited after tryouts.

Not sure if "turned away" is the right term, but we pretty consistently lose between 5-10% of athletes immediately after tryouts who do not accept their team placement. This was close to 100 for all 4 gyms. The majority of those either wanted a guaranteed flyer spot, or wanted to be on a higher-level team that what they were placed on. You can't make everyone happy. Most of those have been promised what they want at other local gyms.

Last edited:
You didn't answer my question on what gym did this. If you are thinking it is my daughters gym because you love to stir up drama then you couldn't be more wrong.

(^^^ the post in quotes was obviously not the post I quoted- u changed it fast)
I misread your post and now that I re read it I changed the post since it was erroneous. and no I wasn't trying to stir anything but had I wanted to I wouldn't have acknowledged the error and corrected it. The original question could still be a nice hypothetical one since as this industry grows and gyms only have so many resources such as coaches and space it is possible we could see this happen in the future.

Back