All-Star Cheer Camp

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Babydonna is going to go to Woodward PA this summer. Daddydonna and I don't want to drive back and forth from PA to Charlotte twice, so we're going to hang in PA for the week she's at camp. What are some fun things for us to do around there? (This is going to be our summer vacay, as we won't be able to afford another one after paying for a week at Woodward for Babydonna. :rolleyes:)
Woodward is about equal distance from both philly and NYC about 3 and something hours

A few girls on my team went to Porter camp in northern Wisconsin. It's also for gymnasts too. From what I've heard they all really enjoyed it. It's a week long.

What is the maximum age for Woodward? I'm 19..
I check woodward west's site (im sure its the same for PA)
Its in the FAQ's
How old do you have to be to attend Woodward?
"The vast majority of our campers are between the ages of 7 and 18. We happily accept adult campers, who must submit to a background check and will be housed separately from younger campers.
"

I check woodward west's site (im sure its the same for PA)
Its in the FAQ's
How old do you have to be to attend Woodward?
"The vast majority of our campers are between the ages of 7 and 18. We happily accept adult campers, who must submit to a background check and will be housed separately from younger campers.
"
Thanks! I'm 5, 1" so I wouldn't stand out too much but will perhaps consider it this summer!

I would share my story with Lake Owen but they aren't around anymore! I am going to try SuperCAmp this year!:)

A girl on my CP's team went to Woodward last summer and absolutely loved it. She's going to go again next summer. My CP is dying to go as well. I haven't decided yet...such a long drive!

Babydonna is going to go to Woodward PA this summer. Daddydonna and I don't want to drive back and forth from PA to Charlotte twice, so we're going to hang in PA for the week she's at camp. What are some fun things for us to do around there? (This is going to be our summer vacay, as we won't be able to afford another one after paying for a week at Woodward for Babydonna. :rolleyes:)

1) Go to Penn State's website and see what they say about activities in the area ... they are just minutes away.
2) Sign up to be working parents. You get tuition credit for your cp for you work, you get to see what is happening at camp and what it's like, and request to be a driver = the least taxing and most flexible parent job there. It also allows time for you to leave camp and go to town for dinner etc. with your own car.

Not sure what week cp's gym going yet. I heard maybe week 9 which is beginning of August.
Oh cool! Your gym has kids go the same week! That's neat. I know that the gymnastics program in our gym does that, but I'm not aware of the cheer program getting together to go. I think they just get together on their own. Babydonna is probably going to go with 3 or 4 of her friends from her team.

What is the maximum age for Woodward? I'm 19..
I think it's 18 for regular sessions, but I do believe they do one session (the last one of the summer, maybe) that allows adults the opportunity to be campers as well. I'd check it out on the website.

1) Go to Penn State's website and see what they say about activities in the area ... they are just minutes away.
2) Sign up to be working parents. You get tuition credit for your cp for you work, you get to see what is happening at camp and what it's like, and request to be a driver = the least taxing and most flexible parent job there. It also allows time for you to leave camp and go to town for dinner etc. with your own car.
Thanks! We thought about signing up for camp jobs that week, but are still looking for more info. Is it fun? Is there opportunity for recreational time? Since this is our vacation too, we want it to be a great time for us as well. I'm also wondering if both parents of one child work, could the child get both credits? Hmm...

Latest posts

Back