All-Star Cheer Extreme Questions And Answers From Courtney

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Say a big fan like myself, happen to be coming down the North Carolina this August with her mother to look at colleges and her mothers Office for her job and they just so happen to make a detour to Kernersville to just check out her favorite cheerleading gym ever and she just would like to just look around, maybe get stuff from the pro shop and even get a picture with you . Would that be okay? :)
Absolutely...stop by anytime...just remember our gym's only 6000 square feet :)

What have you learned the most from coaching?
What style of coaching works the best for you?
As Senior Elite has such a well known reputuation, do you push your athletes to one day be on this team and the other teams are merely stepping stones or do you have a sense in your gym that each team has its own positives and is just as important as Senior Elite? And how does that method work best for motivating the kids while creating unity?
We train kids individually with the goal of each reaching their own fullest potential in the sport. Since we all coach everyone, I'm sure there is a certain path of goals that each kid sets for themselves...but for us we just want to give each kid the opportunity to completely contribute in every way they are capable.
I have learned so many lessons and continue to with each passing year. Mostly I've learned how to love.
I have a conversation with myself every day at the same stop sign coaching myself to be positive and encouraging above all else. I think all people respond best in an environment of earned reward. I am very straightforward and rarely hold back an opinion. The kids know that if I stop practice to compliment someone I mean it. There is a great book called Beyond Basketball by Coach K of Duke University...it changed the way I coach for the better. Kids have to know you are invested in them completely outside of cheerleading to listen to what you say as a coach and trust you.

Does it ever annoy/bother you when fans ask for picture or autographs of your athletes during comps?
Do you tell your athletes to stay away from fans?
It does not. I prefer for them to focus for the hour before they compete and not talk to anyone ( family included )

Back