All-Star Cheer Moms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 29, 2012
My gym got a call yesterday from some producers about a casting call for a new show called "Cheer Moms" and wanted us to send in a tape or something to tryout for the show (we said no). Has anyone else heard anything about this show or been contacted regarding casting?

I got a Casting Notice about it this past week (my notices are filtered by age restrictions, but if they don't list an age for the project I get it regardless). I didn't read it because I figured it would send me into tears of hysteria..

Someone from a "cheer moms" show posted a message in the Dance Moms thread...I will see if I can find it.

ETA: Who's Excited For... Dance Moms Season 2!? | Page 26 | Fierce Board - We Talk Cheerleading

hmm... interesting. I wonder if that is who contacted us. I was pretty surprised that they called us because we are a new gym (just finished our third season) and we only have three lower level teams - it's not like we're a huge powerhouse gym with lots of parents competing to have their daughters be a point flyer on a level 5 team. I really hope that the show is nothing like dance moms and doesn't make the sport or the gym look bad but I feel like it wouldn't be a very popular or interesting show without all the drama.

And High School Cheer moms are nothing like All-Star Cheer moms. Gosh, what a terrible idea, at least pick the right group of people!
Oh I beg to differ hahaha. We just got our tryout results back last night and one of the girls made JV so her mom is making her quit because 'thats not good enough for her' and she'll 'find somewhere where her daughter will be appreciated'

It would be a combitnation of Dance Moms and Cheerleader Nation. I said it in the other thread (over in the Random section) that if they got a good team in the south to do it then it would be just like Dance Moms. There are so crazy mom's in the south and high school cheer is important. I could see a team from Texas getting picked. People think all star moms can be crazy, there are some crazy high school cheer moms.

Back