Cheer Pet Peeves?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Having multiple lingo for similar stunts such as Cupie or Awesome or Platform...when stunting with a new flyer and you call out a stunt mid air and they have no idea until you go down the list.

one thing i hate is when a stunt falls and you see the girls or guys yelling at each other. Instead they should be fighting for the stunt. Another thing is when if something falls or doesn't go and then the energy and enthusiasm level totally drops. thats how you lose more points.

During competition - when something goes wrong (dropped stunt, tumble bust, etc.) I hate seeing that athlete(s) wear a scowl the rest of the routine.

At practice - full out should = same as competition (smiles, facials, actually performing) not a three-quarter effort with music.

As long as bases yelling at their fliers. The group should respect each other because each part is important and the stunt wouldn't go without each other.
Oh I agree! But one memory that really sticks in my head is when I was in warmups in nationals two years ago and, I won't name any names, but I watched and heard (along with the rest of the warmup room) a flyer basically verbally abuse her bases. It looked really bad. I just never like to see someone disrespect someone like that!

Oh I agree! But one memory that really sticks in my head is when I was in warmups in nationals two years ago and, I won't name any names, but I watched and heard (along with the rest of the warmup room) a flyer basically verbally abuse her bases. It looked really bad. I just never like to see someone disrespect someone like that!
If I was a flyer, I would be too afraid if I made my bases mad that they would drop me. I know it's unrealistic, but I would be all sugar and spice and everything nice to them! Anything to avoid angering them... I wouldn't put my life in the hands of someone who hates me!

Back