Cheer Pet Peeves?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What are some of your cheer pet peeves?
Here are mine...

-When flyers aren't felxible enough to hold the bottom of their foot on a heelstretch, but instead hold their ankle.
-Jumps that have flexed feet and land their legs a mile wide apart.
-Slow tumblers.
-Walking into a competition arena and teams are walking around in their spankys and sports bra.
-Slow award ceremonies.
-Sloppy hair and makeup looks like its been thrown on at the last second.
-When flyers stick their elbows out on full downs/double downs.
-Bad and slow music.
-Not being ready (hair down, makeup not on, uniform off) when you get to the arena.
-Cowboyed out back tucks.
-Girls walking around with their uniform unzipped and skirts unbuttoned after the routine.
-Inconsiderate teams that walk infront of you in the middle of watching someones routine.
-Teams that take forever to get off the warm up mat.

Anyone else have pet peeves that are cheer related? :)
The unzipped uniform is the one that gets me it just looks so "trashy"

people obsessing over the wrong thing like hair/tans/bows etc
cheerlebrities who are cheerlebrities based on their looks.
people who try to be 'cheerlebrities'
when people lie about being on a certain team... like what's the point?
coaches playing favorites
when people brag about being like point jumper, last tumbling pass, point dancer, etc.
when people from big gyms act like they're better than everyone else at competitions
when girls cake their face with makeup to PRACTICE
people who just got like a back tuck and think they're ready to do fulls and doubles.
when people won't talk to new people on the team
theres more but i can't think of anything atm

OH I REMEMBER WHAT ELSE I WAS GONNA SAY.
One of my biggest per peeves are when certain gyms put a bunch of high school freshman (14 year olds) on junior teams, yet they put a bunch of like 12 year olds on senior teams. Idk I just always found that odd

Crossed ankles/legs apart in double downs
Knees together but ankles about 2' apart in smush/crunch

They just look so messy!

What do you wear to/from comps then? Especially if team comes into arena/venue 100% competition ready? Last time I checked, no magic carpet from car/bus.

smaller sized shoes that fit into my backpack or slippers, sandals, slides. I used to play basketball too and i would never wear those kinds of shoes outside so the grip at the bottom doesnt wear out because that is crucial in the game o basketball to be able to move your feet quick and not slip. and they look nice when you dont wear them outside to get them dirty. Also, i hate basing girls with dirty shoes and then your hands get all nasty.

smaller sized shoes that fit into my backpack or slippers, sandals, slides. I used to play basketball too and i would never wear those kinds of shoes outside so the grip at the bottom doesnt wear out because that is crucial in the game o basketball to be able to move your feet quick and not slip. and they look nice when you dont wear them outside to get them dirty. Also, i hate basing girls with dirty shoes and then your hands get all nasty.

Not only that your hands get nasty - last year i stunted with a flyer and had the feeling something was between my hand and her shoe.
After we completed the stunt, i found a little glass splinter on my hand.
It was really small, so nothing happened, but wearing cheer shoes outside as a flyer - no. Please.

Back