All-Star Cheer Superstitions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i alwayys have a lucky hair tie from the very beginning of the season and i tie my shoes over and over again until we're about to walk out

I just have this one, my team thinks it's crazy but if it rains or precipitates something, anything for any amount of time before we preform we do SO WELL or WIN! like legit, my first year i was undefeated and before EVERY comp and this year we did not do well at all first day of NCA Dallas and then the second day it rained like ALL day and we did AMAZING! like FLAWLESS and in florida this year it didn't start raining until right after and therefore we didnt win. I always look up the weather before a big competition like a MONTH in advanced and update my friends w. it all the time they get so annoyed but it's so true!!

- have to put 4 animal bracelets in my left shoe: monkey dinosaur horse and star
-have to put 3 animal bracelets in my right she: giraffe kangaroo and flamingo
-have to put a cross neck less in my right shoe
-lucky pink stripe sock
-luck bra
-lucky pink underware
-if i hit perfect the first day HAVE to do EVERYTHING the same the second day
-warm up every tumbling skill twice
-have to walk on with my best friend and i always have to be on the left
-slap my hands on the ground an even number of times before we go on the floor
-team rap
-always have to pray
-never split poles
-my mom has to wear her grandmas class ring
-i have a piece on lucky black duct tape on the bottom of my shoe
-i have to remind my bases that we got our stunt and we can hit it no matter what right before i walk on the floor
- have to look for my mom and coaches
- me and my friend have to say inside jokes and code names to each other on the floor so we hit

I could go on forever lol

i used to have to eat a piece of cake that was 3 months old.... i put it in the freezer so it was still good lol

My friend has a lucky hair tie that she ALWAYS wears and since she cant wear it on her wrist its halfway up her arm!! I HAVE to be nervous before I go on and if I'm not I don't preform well!

I shake my right arm 8 times, then my left leg eight times, then my left arm eight times then right leg 8 times. Then i do that all again 4 times then two then one and then a shake my whole body. It gets all the nerves out ha ha ha

i have to wear 2 pairs of socks so that my shoes fit tighter, and i have my lucky underwear that i always wear. Me and my sister cant stand next to each other in the team circle we do before we compete. i always have to bring a water bottle to warm up with me. My team is the most superstitious team ever it takes us a good 20 minutes between the end of warm up and actually being ready to go on the floor. people have 5 minute handshakes we need our glitter. people need kiss marks on their cheeks my coach has to get bumped on the head. my flyer always told me 3 times to not let go of her foot and 2 girls had to scream as loud as they could 2 times. a hershey kiss went around and everyone had to kiss it . our coach throws salt at us. hannah went around with her bracelet and everyone had to kiss that. if we did good the 1st day we had to stand in the same order for our circle as we did the day before. we always have to sing!! i will survive, aint no mountain high enough, build me up buttercup. after we do our circle a million other things go on and then we can finally go on the floor and then theres stuff people do on the floor.

team: before warmups when we stretch sing hero by christopher wild, then sing when i look at you. after warmups before we compete we do our team rap called chubby girl haha then do the girl scouts prayer. then a girl goes up next from holbrook new york VIINNNNYYYY! (our coaches name) gravity cheer allstars! we run out on the floor in the same order for every competition and do handshakes out on the floor.

me: have 2 hair ties in my hair .. one non slip grip one regular than my bow
my lucky sports bra and retie my shoes 2 times. and i have to have this one girl button my skirt for me at warmups and i havvve to wear my lucky bracelets on but there pushed up almost to my elbow haha

I picked up some new superstitions at CheerSport the first time we hit perfect.
1) Our team sets on "do it for your fihrence" but the music turned on early & I didn't hear the call for it so now I pretend to never hear it
2) SPLIT TO HIT. works everytime

Otherwise I avoid making my own superstitions. Too much to get nervous about

ETA: I noticed watching stunts closely often causes them to mess up. If anyone was around me Day 1 at worlds they know what I mean LOL. Always happens. If I'm really into a certain stunt it WILL mess up so when I have teams with "favorite flyers" I never watch them

just like a lot of people...

my team starts out with:::
2 prayers
team cheer
slow clap

then we get a worlds ball (we got it and it is painted like the world) we all bless it by like kissing it.

then at awards we stand in a circle, and all hold hands... (i always need to stand next to the same people) lol

also i need to likke shrug my sholders then set with my arms before i throw my tumbling pass.

i eat the same thing from starbucks b4 every comp, and at travel comps i have to eat in the hotel restaurant,

o and i forgot these :)

i wear a black cheer megaphone necklace that i got when my team won our bid!

i also need to wear my teams customized sports bra, my lucky undies, and black socks. lol

i could go on for like ever!

I am a coach....lol mine are a little weird but I ALWAYS wear pink underwear, My co-coach and I always stand on the exact same side of one another, and the last kind of weird one is I drink LOTS of water so I have to tinkle in warmups, but I hold it till after they compete. My kids call it my lucky pee. They always check before they go on for my pinks and make sure I have to pee. lol

Back