Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Hmm,
my team as a whole has traditions we do before we get on the competition floor,
we pray,
sing, and a few other things,
its not nessisarily superstitions,
but I always warm up one of every tumbling pass/jumps,
I also have hand shakes with a few team members that I do either before we hit the floor, or right on the floor before/during the routine!
As for actual superstitions, I dont have any! It doesnt bother me if I miss a hand shake or anything like that, and I dont believe I need to act the same way everytime Im at a competition!
The results of my run through are based on focus and to me, whatever happens-happens. I just hope for the best and give it my all!

I likee to spit a few bars to my team before we go out on the floor :)
a good rap always gets them pumped up. Freestyle'd, of course.

last season, we ALWAYS had to sing the phineas and ferb theme song.. i dont know how or why this started but we hadd to do it.
we couldnt split anything and we could only warm up our stunts once unless they didnt hit
and our coach would always tell us the same thing before we went on and he would always say we couldnt stop moving and we werent allowed to pee because it madde us squeeze tighter.

You may think this is weird but every member on my college squad put a penny in their cheer shoes. Does is work? Yes. We won the community college competition 2 years in a row. Superstition do work.

Sent from my MB200 using Tapatalk

-I have to drink Moutain dew( green)
- two only two sips of red bull
- I wear my lucky stud earrings right up until we walk on the floor
- Only my side base can stretch me for stunts
tons more though.

I have so many.
-I have to wear my lucky cheetah socks on day 1 and my lucky zebra socks with the yellow heel on day 2.
- I have to wear my lucky sports bra.
-I have to wear my lucky underwear(two different pairs for 2 day comps. If the comp is only one day i wear the day 2 ones).
-I must have two hair ties in my hair and then my bow. The two hair ties have to be the ones i had in my hair for WSF Nationals when my team won.
-I must eat a plain bagel and have a diet pepsi for breakfast on a day of a comp. I can't eat or drink anything else except for water in warmups until after we compete.
-My friend Heather has to do my makeup.
-I have to shave my legs two nights before the day of comp.
-night before comp I paint my toe nails gold.
- all of my good luck charms are in my competition bag including my 1st national champion jacket i won<3
-i have to wake up to Good Day by The Click 5.
-My best friend and i have to listen to certain songs before we compete and the last one before we go to warmups has to be Jelous Of My Boogie.
-After running on the mat I always hug my best friend and my other friend Dedrie.they are always the last people i hug.
-on the ride to competition i have to watch my worlds dvd's to get pumped.
- My best friends mom can not wear a sweater to competition.
-My best friend after we hug have to hair flip and collar pop.
-to get the energy up before we compete my team has to hoola hoop<3
-our coaches give us a pep talk and right after our captains give us a pep talk.
-my best friend has to flyer strech me at least twice in warmups.
- right before we walk on the floor we put our hands in our huddle and go CIA TIGERS RAWR!

-I have to have drink my 5-hour energy shot on our way to warm ups. (even though I don't even get any energy from it)
-I throw my pass the 1st time.
-I never warm up my standing full!
-on day two I have to wear my "my dog is cuter than your dog" underwear since our theme song is who let the dogs out lol. (when I wore them we got a bid)
-I never do my makeup or hair.
-I have to walk out with the same person. last.
-I always take my shower last lol.
-the same person has to get out the car before me
-my coach has to rent the same car and we sit in the same order.

lol. I could go on foreverrrrrrr.

personal;

1) me and kaylee, lexie, lexi, and whoever else wants to join, prays
2) me and kaylee make a new handshake for eveerry competition and they HAVE to involve sheep
3) me and kayleee ALWAYS ask each other if we've warmed all our tumbling up and if we are confident with what weere throwing
4)me ashley and kaylee do a kim possible dance when we get on stage
5)Me and Kaylee sing a song, like random songs (at cheersport; we sang money to bloww, at dallas; we sang a justin bieber song..i don't remember which one)
6) before we go on stage-->me and kaylee do a mark through of our routine.
7) i hug EVERYONE..even the people i know that's on other teams.. like everyonee, and like eight times.
8) i re-adjust my knee braces a zillion times.
10) i bounce on the floor to make sure i like the springs..

TEAM;
Youth Elite;
sings the chant;
sings their music;
ashley and courtney T give the team a speech thing haa
Junior CoEd Elite;
we sing our chant
and we kinda do different things every competition;
at battle at the beach a bunch of us went on stage yelling SO BE IT (teamm joke)
at battle under the big top we went on stage doing our "Walks" (another joke)
at cheersportt we did our weird jumps when we went on stage *another joke haha
but at most competitions, at least three fourths of the team has to go on stage doing something weird. haha :)

and i find it funny that evvveeerrryyonnnnee is saying "we don't split things" and youth elite split like a huge pole thing at dallas and we won! haha.

never split anything, prayers, eat pretty much same exact thing both days, shoes double tied, talk to someone on phone before leaving, and exactly three hair ties :) haha

We don't split ANYTHING. Poles, people, signs, doors, ANYTHING. If we hit the first day we do everything the exact same day 2. Even on the warm up mat, if we did two and a half stunt sequences, and then an individual group went, gotta do the same thing again. Same order of people warming up tumbling, everything. Haha, same breakfast, lunch, and one girl has "lucky socks" that she was wearing like two years before when her team got their paid bid. They never fail :)

We have to pray before we go on, sing "if you're happy and you know it..." Tribe style, "If you're happy and you know it .. clap your hands/stomp your feet/shout hooray/do all three (clap clap, stomp stomp, HOORAY!)" and everyone has to have a baby spoonful of icing :)

Then we get in our walkout and the coaches have to hug everyone going down the line.

Back