All-Star Cheerleaders Season 3?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

another thing i noticed. at their most recent competition (Jamz), it looks like they have an extra flyer. i mean the girl literally flys once and stands in the back the rest of the routine, anyone know whats up with that whole deal. i just dont get why some of these kids put themselves through this torture. its got to be deflating to be put on a team, and then be forced to go out there stand on a competition mat and not be apart of the actual routine.
i love a lot of the cali teams, including smoed. but some of the things they do just seem so cruel to the athletes, who work their butts off just to stay on the team all season.

heres the competition im referring to

Is there any kind of time limit for getting into your starting spots? I'm not trying to start a fight about it, but I would imagine it's aggravating to have to wait through that.

Is there any kind of time limit for getting into your starting spots? I'm not trying to start a fight about it, but I would imagine it's aggravating to have to wait through that.

Eh Maybe. I have judged a few competitions last year and for the most part were usually always behind. Although kind of annoying it does give us a little time to catch up on scoring the previous team and prep for this next team.

That episode gave me whiplash and that competition was a mess. I don't recall SMOED being this discombobulated last year; perfect no, but not that. That was like...not even watching SMOED.

I do like Madi though---the stretching, well...that beyond makes me cringe. Poor Payton, that girl is going to have hip and back problems for life.

I loved it. Annie is a great family and kid appropriate movie. To me it is a wonderful opportunity to promote all star cheer. Many still think we are just a raw, raw Pom Pom sideline type activity. In the promotion they stunt and tumble. It is a small glimpse of the athleticism that goes into all star cheer. I also don't get if you truly dislike the show and feel so negative about it, then why continue to watch and comment on it.

I get that needles look great in the air and it would be nice to have the whole team pulling them.
...But is this really that important? I just can't see how it's worth stretching the girls to the point of tears and creating extra drama. It's only November, there will be plenty of time for the flyers to keep stretching and slowly improving their flexibility.
Maybe this is what we've been reduced to. Every other potential ridiculous storyline has already been played out over the last two seasons, we need an episode about stretching everyone into needles..

Believe me, she is just fine. She doesn't feel used or tortured. She's a sweet well adjusted kid from an extremely wonderful family. ;)
I'm not arguing with that point. I just thinks it's kinda cruel to go to an athlete and be like we're taking you out of all your stunts( except pyramid) And make you stand in the back for the entire routine. I'm sure she'll be put back in but why make it so obvious and have her just stand there. idk, I just thinks it's a weird thing to do to an athlete.

Last edited:
Just watched the competition video and I'm a bit disappointed in some of the sloppiness. If you only have one person doing multiple passes back in forth from one side of the mat back to the other does it really get you that much higher of a score? Just seemed a bit sloppy.

I'm not arguing with that point. I just thinks it's kinda cruel to go to an athlete and be like we're taking you out of all your stunts( except pyramid) And make you stand in the back for the entire routine. I'm sure she'll be put back in but why make it so obvious and have her just stand there. idk, I just thinks it's a weird thing to do to an athlete.
I agree. I'm sure the kid would rather be in the routine than out of it but they made her look silly with doing nothing. Does she not tumble? She couldn't jump? Nothing...

I agree it was pretty harsh of them to do that to her - that stunt really had to be not hitting at all for it to come to that IMO, especially when it meant 21 on the floor. And how the other flyer girl did lower level stuff than the others is confusing too. Like why couldn't they just have let Madi do lower skills if there were issues? However, maybe she was specifically struggling with doing that inversion part of the stunt and perhaps them all 5 doing that inversion was a lot more important to the coaches than the kick double baskets and double ups? - I'm not sure what any of it means for the score sheet.

The ironic thing is they had a different tiny flyer stunt fall even though they pulled Madi - but maybe it would have been 2 stunts down instead of just one had they not pulled her.

why force the poor girl to go out there and have to stnad and watch a temporary fly in all her spots. still seems like a cruel thing to do.

that girl standing there was the temp to fill in for maddie and maybe didn't know the whole routine. i dont think it was quite her spot yet. maybe it is now. guess we'll find out from the new comp footage from the upcoming weekend.

that girl standing there was the temp to fill in for maddie and maybe didn't know the whole routine. i dont think it was quite her spot yet. maybe it is now. guess we'll find out from the new comp footage from the upcoming weekend.
To pull maddie from the pyramid and not anything else seems weird though, I mean was hitting the pyramid that imperative score wise to them at this specific comp.

The girl standing in the back is not a regular on the team. She had just been put on there a few days before for the stunts. So it's not like she was being punished; she was being asked to help out from another team. She was thrilled to be there and I couldn't be happier for her. Sweet, sweet kid. I have no idea why she was there or anything else. I was just purely happy to see her in there with Smoed because I knew she was excited.

Back