Cheerleading Fitness

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 10, 2011
Hey everyone, I'm new to fierceboard but I was looking around and couldn't find much about cheer fitness, work out, conditioning, etc routines. Do any of you have any tips or work outs that get you into shape, and maybe helped you lose some weight?

My old high school team used to run two laps around the track during football season, but during competition season we would do push ups and sit ups at the end of practice or run a mile while shouting our competition cheer. Or, when doing our routine we would do everything full out except for stunts and in the place of stunts we would do push ups, sit ups, jumping jacks, whatever our coach chose.

i cheer for an allstar team & here are some conditioning we do . they really help w/core & get you in shape
v-ups, tuck-ups, pike-ups
hollow bodies,frogies
jump w/2-5 pound weights on ankles
hope it works ! :D
message if you need any more tipss !

Usually we condition to our routine mix, like high knees for opening, crunches for tumbling, etc. We also do high-knees during our tumbling hour when we don't tumble. If we talk, we do jump conditioning.

something that is really good to help you get in shape and lose weight is a workout dvd called insanity..its like p90x but its a bit harder. ive been doing it for two months now and it has helped extremely!

Huh i don't really know for girls, my flyer does almost nothing except stretching and abs. Oh and wobble board too, it's great for improving balance while stunting.

I do a LOT of weight training too, it helps with everything really. If anyone wants to know anything about that, I'd be glad to help!

Oh and a last thing, lower body plyometrics (box jumps and the such) help for jumps.

Thank you everyone for the tips! :) It's all really helpful!
fiercetumbler512 did you download insanity online, if not how'd you get it? sounds amazing! lol

A group of us coaches started insanity! OMG IT'S NUTS! we are in the middle of week 3! You totally feel like you Are about to die in the middle of it and then web your done you feel amazing! We have brought alot of the exercises from the video into our practices and done them with our higher level teams!

Bringing Intensity/p90x exercises into practices. That's downright brilliant, I'll tell my coaches about the idea! Most of my teammates would greatly benefit from something like that.

Hi All!

During the summer conditioning practices I make my team do a lot of cardio and plyometrics for the start of the season. We'll get into weight lifting more this year since it'll be my second year coaching Varsity.

The Insanity videos actually pull in exercises from all sports. I was a pretty well rounded athlete in high school - and between all my coaches we've done ALL those exercises.

I have a calendar list of exercises my girls to do - a sample list is posted here: http://fierceboard.com/threads/want-higher-toe-touches.14330/

I also run "Awesome Abs" or "Power 300" at the end of my practices.

I do Insanity. My cousin (a Marine) didn't believe me when I told her that it wasn't a coincidence that there are 10 Insanity workouts and 10 Circles of Hell. She tried it yesterday and called me crying. This is the woman who's been to Iraq twice-and had her patrol blown up by an IED....

MissBee said:
I do Insanity. My cousin (a Marine) didn't believe me when I told her that it wasn't a coincidence that there are 10 Insanity workouts and 10 Circles of Hell. She tried it yesterday and called me crying. This is the woman who's been to Iraq twice-and had her patrol blown up by an IED....

I really need to try insanity.

Also, a big thank you to your cousin for all she does!

Back