OT Colleges :)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Actually, i'm in Kin at Western so i'd recommend it! ahah, but out of Waterloo and Queens.. well we do have a big rivalry with Queens ;)! Both are actually great schools, but after living in the Waterloo region i kinda wanted out. Queens is a great school all together - there's a rivalry for a reason! But Waterloo had the first ever Kin program i believe?
Cheerleading wise - Western has one of the strongest University cheerleading programs, and there are all star cheer teams near all universities:
Waterloo is decently close to Cheersport Sharks (who i fully recommend :rolleyes:)
Queens is in Kingston where there (i believe, cause it used to be there) Kingston Elite
And By Western there is PCG Vipers :)

Western was actually my third choice! But then my mum didn't want me applying to all those schools so I was forced to narrow it down haha. I was considering doing Waterloo/Sharks, but I'm not sure how the transportation/schedule/convenience issues would work, so now I'm considering cheering for university. From what I've gathered, school cheerleading in the east is actually quite competitive- true or false?

Western was actually my third choice! But then my mum didn't want me applying to all those schools so I was forced to narrow it down haha. I was considering doing Waterloo/Sharks, but I'm not sure how the transportation/schedule/convenience issues would work, so now I'm considering cheering for university. From what I've gathered, school cheerleading in the east is actually quite competitive- true or false?
very true, the Dec 3-4th is PCA college competition, so i'm sure videos will be put up and you can see the options, i know Queens is and i believe Waterloo is in the large coed, so they are very competitive! I don't really follow college cheerleading much but i'm pretty sure Queens has a very strong team! I've never seen Waterloo though, so i couldn't personally tell you about that.
And Sharks also just got a new gym, i believe it is closer to Kitchener than the other gyms, so that might make transportation easier because its pretty much just down the highway!

So far Ive been accepted to Auburn, ECU, UNCC, Ole Miss, Rutgers and UCF. Still waiting to hear from USC, Clemson, University of Delaware and College of Charleston. I dont know how im going to decide where to go!
congrats on all of those great schools!
Have you ever been to Charleston? if you have any questions about the area or anything i can help out, because thats where i live lol

Accepted to local technical college whadduuupp?!! I wish I was as smart as y'all. :eek:
I think going to a technical college is a really smart idea!! When you graduate, you'll be trained with job skills and most likely have a job. Graduating from a regular four year college does not guarantee employment and is not the right choice for everyone. Congratulations on your acceptance!!

I think going to a technical college is a really smart idea!! When you graduate, you'll be trained with job skills and most likely have a job. Graduating from a regular four year college does not guarantee employment and is not the right choice for everyone. Congratulations on your acceptance!!
Hahah thank you! :D I'll probably transfer to a University after I get all the first-year classes out of the way--saves a lot of money!

I feel ya! My little sister has gotten into Alabama and Georgia Southern so far :)

My little sister (she's a junior) is applying to Georgia Southern next year (and going there assuming she is accepted). I loved their campus. Auburn is her 2nd choice...but shes not too crazy about the cost or Alabama.

HeresAThought said:
My little sister (she's a junior) is applying to Georgia Southern next year (and going there assuming she is accepted). I loved their campus. Auburn is her 2nd choice...but shes not too crazy about the cost or Alabama.

That's awesome! Ya Alabama is ridiculously expensive since we are out of state. She is waiting to hear back from a few more schools but most likely will be attending GA Southern :)

waterloo has had an amazing cheerleading team i feel in love with them when i was in my first year of cheer, but western def has a better university program :)

if all else fails go for colour choices purple and white which look gorgeous
and then yellow and black and queens no idea what their colours are but regardless haha

and on the topic of queens it is one of canada's EXTREMELY prestigious school and focus A TON on academics

waterloo has had an amazing cheerleading team i feel in love with them when i was in my first year of cheer, but western def has a better university program :)

if all else fails go for colour choices purple and white which look gorgeous
and then yellow and black and queens no idea what their colours are but regardless haha

and on the topic of queens it is one of canada's EXTREMELY prestigious school and focus A TON on academics

Yeah I was looking at academic averages and I don't think I'm doing well enough in chem 12 to get in, so I've actually narrowed it down to Waterloo and western! Does western have a reputably competitive team?

Yeah I was looking at academic averages and I don't think I'm doing well enough in chem 12 to get in, so I've actually narrowed it down to Waterloo and western! Does western have a reputably competitive team?
Western's team is extremely competitive, and even before i decided on Western (and remember i don't follow college cheerleading!) i had heard about them! They've actually won at Cheersport the past couple of years as well!

i agree with acx, western is definitely university for cheerleading they have an incredible program :)
this is from wikipedia "Additionally, the cheerleading team has won the national championship 24 times, including 22 straight"
and heres the team promo

This is Waterloo and PCA Nationals

and this is Western at the same comp.

Colleges I'm applying too:
Ohio State University, West Virginia University, Virginia Commonwealth University, Belmont University, University at Buffalo, Ithaca College, Stony Brook University, D'Youville College, and Utica College

I might apply to University of Kentucky but if I do then I will have to change my major completely.

I'm submitting my apps on Monday so I won't find out until February/March.

Back