OT Colleges :)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
My daughter is trying out for the Penn State cheer team in April, and there is an interview component. Anyone have any idea of what to expect during this part of the tryout?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
Haha I just saw the Penn State cheerleaders at NCAA! I didn't have to do an interview for my college tryout (not Penn State) but we did have some written questions we had to answer. They were like "what can you bring to the cheer team", "what would you like to accomplished while on the team", and another one which I can't remember. I would assume they would ask some questions like that and some other ones like what you plan on majoring in and other get to know you type of things.

I want to soooo bad. I'm actually going to Florida for spring break tomorrow! I wouldn't mind a minor in Sports Management haha. I really just wanna work with athletes. I'm majoring in kinesiology and then have to decide between physical therapy or a physician's assistant.
Where in Florida are you going? It's cold here in the Jacksonville/St. Augustine area but once you get down to Miami it's nice (I just got back from the keys/Miami)

A girl that cheers for my husband just asked if I knew anyone going to Alabama next year as a freshman because she doesn't want to room with someone that doesn't share any interests (like a love for cheer)... Any of you out there need a roommate still?

If you could've posted this a year later this would've been perfect ahah I'm hoping to go to Alabama but not until the fall of 2014:/

Haha I just saw the Penn State cheerleaders at NCAA! I didn't have to do an interview for my college tryout (not Penn State) but we did have some written questions we had to answer. They were like "what can you bring to the cheer team", "what would you like to accomplished while on the team", and another one which I can't remember. I would assume they would ask some questions like that and some other ones like what you plan on majoring in and other get to know you type of things.

Thanks for the response...I will pass the info onto my daughter!

In the last weekend I have had friends, get accepted, wait listed and denied at JMU. Good reviews all around, it's a favorite for kids at my school. I kind of want to visit myself.

JMU is also an incredible bargain if you are an in-state student. In fact, it may have the lowest tuition rates in the state of Virginia.

JMU is also an incredible bargain if you are an in-state student. In fact, it may have the lowest tuition rates in the state of Virginia.

It's bittersweet! I go to public school in NOVA (my mom teaches), but I live in Maryland and it's been a struggle for my brother to get in state at VCU.

Where in Florida are you going? It's cold here in the Jacksonville/St. Augustine area but once you get down to Miami it's nice (I just got back from the keys/Miami)

We're going to Little Gasparilla Island. Idk how familiar people in Florida are with it because when I tell people here where were going they have no clue what it is! It's chilly there now but supposed to warm up by this weekend.

We're going to Little Gasparilla Island. Idk how familiar people in Florida are with it because when I tell people here where were going they have no clue what it is! It's chilly there now but supposed to warm up by this weekend.

I have no idea where that is xD I've heard of Little Talbot Island but not Little Gaspirilla Island :p Where in Florida is it? North, south, central?

I have no idea where that is xD I've heard of Little Talbot Island but not Little Gaspirilla Island :p Where in Florida is it? North, south, central?

Southwest! It's like 40 miles north of Ft Myers, pretty much right between there and Sarasota. Off the coast of Placida/Englewood if that helps.

A girl that cheers for my husband just asked if I knew anyone going to Alabama next year as a freshman because she doesn't want to room with someone that doesn't share any interests (like a love for cheer)... Any of you out there need a roommate still?

I can't personally help with the roommate situation as I am 22 and basically live in Bruno library, but I will say that I am currently finishing my Masters in Economics at UA and I think that even if she doesn't find a cheer roomie, she will be very happy! As the process really is starting already, I very much recommend for her to look into going Greek very soon if she hasn't already, I have found that many girls find roommates at information sessions for sorority recruitment (this goes for all schools). I was not Greek at Alabama, I was during my undergraduate at Kent State, but am now a proud Alpha Phi alumni and plan to be involved for the rest of my life. It was a great transition when you are leaving cheer behind and moving into something else, and was the best decision that I made throughout college.

Back