Competition Cheer Words

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 15, 2013
Hi everyone.

This is my first year head coaching a JV and Varsity high school cheer team. I am wanting to take them to competition this year. I have been trying to come up with a really "in your face" competition cheer forever now. I want something that shows confidence. This is what I have so far. Could anyone help me come up with more to it and maybe an intro idea? I'd like to it end with W-H-S Vikings. Thanks!

Hey watch out

We’re taking the show

Waterloo Vikings

The team you should know

We’ll never give up

No, We’ll never give in

The burgundy, black, and white

(Let’s Go)

We’re here to win

How long does it have to be? What's your music theme?

Hey watch out
We’re taking the show
Waterloo Vikings
The team you should know

We’ll never give up
No, We’ll never give in
The burgundy, black, and white
Yeah thats right

We’re here to win
We're here to fight
W- H-S
The best in sight.

The Champions are here
and stronger this year
Judges pay attention
And fans in the crowd
Give it up for Vikings
Shout it out loud
W - H - S
We are the best x 3
Vikings!

ive seen alot of high school cheer teams and it seems that the squads that win or come near have really simple cheers and they use big signs with stunts. it doesnt have to be "in your face" for competitions. it has to be a cheer that the crowd can follow and yell with you. thats what the judges are looking for, for you to lead the crowd in a cheer. a long, complicated cheer may be cool, but in the judges eyes its not. heres a video to help you:

Keep it simple. Just remember that a crowd of people is dumb as rocks and you're instructing them to yell with you. So keep the directions easy and clear and use large signs to help you. A long story isn't going to do well because you'll lose the audience. Address everyone as "fans" or "crowd". Colors and letters are your best bets. Think of it as trying to get a group of kindergartners to yell the alphabet with you.

Back