All-Star Confessions Of A Cheerleader

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I love this thread.
1. I have multiple tricks for keeping my VERY stubborn flyer in the air during stunts.
2. I always have to hug the same coach before I compete, ever since winning US Finals with juniors last year.
3. I do not care how much pain my knees are giving me right after warm ups or any time at all really, I will go full out and deal with the pain later. That's what icy hot and advil is for, right?

Will you tell me some of them? I could honestly kill my flyers when they just step out of the stunt because SOMETHING felt wrong. Yes honey, it felt wrong that you are stepping out of our hands to the front. If my grip is not always totally correct, i´m sorry, but deal with it. And try to tic up into the middle. Thank you :banghead:

Will you tell me some of them? I could honestly kill my flyers when they just step out of the stunt because SOMETHING felt wrong. Yes honey, it felt wrong that you are stepping out of our hands to the front. If my grip is not always totally correct, i´m sorry, but deal with it. And try to tic up into the middle. Thank you :banghead:[/quote
I'm only level one but I'll try...
If she tries sitting on me, I have actually just headbutted her leg slightly but just enough for her to get the hint and tighten up.
I do a lot of yelling at her (I'm sure I'm not the only backspot who does :D).
Shoving her back up if she sits down
Not something I do but my friend who is a base said she almost bit her flier's leg when she started leaning on her.
Good luck and I hope these help! Let me know if you would like any more advice! =)

I can't stand when loading for baskets (or stunts in general) when my bases don't set low enough for me. I always get stuck with the tall bases and they try to set where I can't even get any of my weight over the stunt before we go up. I swear if I was taller it would solve 98% of my problems.

Since there's a confessions of a Cheer Mom thread... I thought I would start one for cheerleaders;)

-I can't take teams with zebra print anything in their uniforms seriously. They could go and win worlds, but if you have zebra... I just can't.
-As much as I hate to admit it, I've cheated on conditioning once... or twice...:oops:
-I've sat in the VIP section at competitions longer than I probably should have
-Even though I complain about it all the time, I love having a crazy cheer mom

Great for you for being up front about your confessions and getting them out in the open. There's a reason that in the Catholic Church and likely other Churches as well confessions have been a time honored tradition for over 1000 years.

I confess that I often feel isolated because I am one of the few people who understands that not only is cheerleading a true sport but up there with gymnastics and figure skating as one of the most difficult and taxing sports there is. Most humans I work and hang out with have zero understanding of this conceptually. And a lot of them would think I am gay or severely perverted if they knew I liked watching it.

worlds confession yall..
Last year as we were entering WWoS we saw a curious dirt road on the right just before you reached the main parking lots. I convinced my mom to drive down it...there was an attendant that didn't even stop us lol...once we got to the end, we were in the grass at the front of the parking lots, and there was absolutely NOBODY in the lot. We got to go right up to the front of the whole thing, literally right at the ticket booth and entrance.We felt a little bad when we found out that it was actually the handicapped/event staff lot, but hey, gotta do what ya gotta do! and we did it for finals too and nobody said anything that day either hahaaa.

wayyy back in the early days of all star cheerleading, i was sicker then a dog with the flu the entire competition, when it came time to compete my nerves took over and made it worse. as gross as it is i legit had to swallow throw up for a good whole 3 minutes during the entire routine. somehow the cheer gods were on my side that day and the minute i ran (not walked) off the mat i found the closest trash can preparing myself to hurl, but suddenly i was all good.:rolleyes: go figure. all my coach could do was laugh and give me a high five. :chestbump: it was about the one and only time i was ever sick at comp.

Since a bunch of other people did retired cheerleader confessions... I thought I would throw mine out there.
1. I play in a volleyball league at my school and one of the guys on my team grew up with three older sisters (all cheerleaders) so when him and I are bored at practice we do heel stretches in the back to see if anyone notices. He's actually quite talented for never cheering before.
2. I still crack my back by doing a bridge or pulling scorp. I don't know why but it feels great (even though it looks terrible now).
3. I still stalk my old cheer teams and bombard people for results and then join in the complaining... OMG you got robbed... you so shouldn't have lost to them.
4. My Throwback pics on Instagram are ALWAYS about cheerleading. I know I'm pathetic and need to move on with my life.

Oh my, I have soooo many of these.

- I have cheated on conditioning more than once, and I don't keep track of what number i'm on.
- I despise neon uniforms, highlighter colors.
- I will make an evil smirk when my opposing team falls. And then I will clap for them at the end like I didn't even notice it at all.
-I don't understand why some teams just don't buy nfinitys.
-I usually will end up crying sometime during a competition.
- I love the feeling of walking in a competition with my team.
- I love everyones bow, and will probably want everyones bow.

Since a bunch of other people did retired cheerleader confessions... I thought I would throw mine out there.
1. I play in a volleyball league at my school and one of the guys on my team grew up with three older sisters (all cheerleaders) so when him and I are bored at practice we do heel stretches in the back to see if anyone notices. He's actually quite talented for never cheering before.
2. I still crack my back by doing a bridge or pulling scorp. I don't know why but it feels great (even though it looks terrible now).
3. I still stalk my old cheer teams and bombard people for results and then join in the complaining... OMG you got robbed... you so shouldn't have lost to them.
4. My Throwback pics on Instagram are ALWAYS about cheerleading. I know I'm pathetic and need to move on with my life.

my life in a nutshell. its ridiculous the affect cheerleading has on some people

1. If my mom tries to get me to go to school the Monday after competition, I cry and say my stomach hurts. She's caught on but she usually just gives in.
2. When coaches yell at me a LOT, it makes me want to try less...
3. I get so nervous before we take the floor that I almost cry (okay.. sometimes I do cry...)
4. I'm really superstitious and knock three times anytime I say something I think might jinx us. Our elite stunt has a ripple in switch ups.. If I hear the crowd go crazy after the last count, I know we hit and I say to myself "WE HIT"... Then I knock on my flyer's leg three times. She's used to it now.
5. When my arms/hands are cold, I can't land any tumbling so I convince myself I have a sudden mental block.
6. When my coaches tell us to do our jump sequence (with tumbling) 5 times on our own, I hide in the back if they won't count for me. Because I can't do it without them counting.
7. I'm the sneaky one who always knows about our competition.
8. All of my college application essays are about cheerleading...
9. I have certain bracelets I won't tumble without and I hide them under my uniform at competitions.
oh my goodness i thought i was the only one that hid bracelets under thier uniform...never perform without them :)

Back