All-Star Csp Tweet: No More Travelling For Cea Teams.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I applaud her stance on Stay To Play.

However, I'm scratching my head at Orlando, FL being considered 'driving distance' but that could just be because as a kid I had to endure a drive from about where World's is held to upstate North Carolina to visit my dad's family...bleh.

No CEA at The Major's, Champs League (?), and NCA. What else does this knock out? All-Star Games?

Edited to add: She used the word 'likely' which gives her an out if needed.
Champions League in DC next year is very drivable from here.

However, I'm scratching my head at Orlando, FL being considered 'driving distance' but that could just be because as a kid I had to endure a drive from about where World's is held to upstate North Carolina to visit my dad's family...bleh.

No CEA at The Major's, Champs League (?), and NCA. What else does this knock out? All-Star Games?

Agreed! It's almost 10 hours each way from Kernersville to Orlando. Not sure how that's a benefit to families. It adds a day on either side of any competition to drive that far and I bet gas is more than a flight. I think this is being put out there but she's left herself an out.

Basically, before STP you could travel to a comp and stay at whatever hotel you wanted (many gyms chose less expensive options, for obvious reasons). Now, with STP, teams competing at certain events are required to stay at certain hotels because EPs make deals w/ these hotels to rent a block of rooms for competitors. Problem is, these are PRICEY hotels, and they've added to the already insane costs of competing.

And they're not always the most practical choices too. IE. Being 15 miles from an arena.

Most of the parents will drive 10 hours or less for a competition.
Indy is driving distance (7-8 hrs)
Champions League is in DC next year (5hrs)
NCA IS NOT in driving distance. :)
UCA/Worlds is in driving distance (9-10 hrs)

Agreed! It's almost 10 hours each way from Kernersville to Orlando. Not sure how that's a benefit to families. It adds a day on either side of any competition to drive that far and I bet gas is more than a flight. I think this is being put out there but she's left herself an out.

I also think you'll find some families will fly anyway and those who want to drive will do so. I'm not sure how much of a difference the price will be, but I imagine driving is likely cheaper given the World's and Summit time frames.

Another fact is no one getting stuck at an airport due to weather---I don't think CEA had this issue at NCA but it could now be avoided in the future.

Most of the parents will drive 10 hours or less for a competition.
Indy is driving distance (7-8 hrs)
Champions League is in DC next year (5hrs)
NCA IS NOT in driving distance. :)
UCA/Worlds is in driving distance (9-10 hrs)
Don't forget BATB.

Since I have nothing better to do (meaning I should be working, but will take any excuse to take a break), I looked on a map to get a better idea (radius based on the distance from Kernersville to Orlando, since she says Worlds are driving distance for CEA).

167709map.png

Majors are not necessarily ruled out on distance alone. I assume there are still lots of competitions within that radius to make for an active and competitive season for all levels. Besides, reducing travel cost and missed school days might be attractive for some families. Now, driving is not necessarily cheaper than flying, depends on when you travel, where to, and how many people are going, but having the option to drive or fly can be nice I guess.

If this is intended to make a point about stay-to-play, I love it!! We never had to deal with it, but reading the stories about it makes me mad for those who have had to deal with it.

Basically, before STP you could travel to a comp and stay at whatever hotel you wanted (many gyms chose less expensive options, for obvious reasons). Now, with STP, teams competing at certain events are required to stay at certain hotels because EPs make deals w/ these hotels to rent a block of rooms for competitors. Problem is, these are PRICEY hotels, and they've added to the already insane costs of competing.

Gyms could also use points to pay for coaches rooms, or comp a room to a needy family or two. This is also driving up the gym owners costs. Along with forcing you to stay at some really crazy priced hotels.

Back